cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

making storage location mandatory for one plant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I want to make storage location field mandatory in ME21N for only one plant .Like in our organisation structure two comp codes 1000 and 3000 are there .Under each comp code one plant like under 1000 1000plant is there and under 3000 3000 plant is there .I want to make storage location field mandatory for only 3000 plant during creation of PO.Is it possible ?

Plz reply .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

Suggestions:

1) As per your last comment, new document type is used for doing PO for that particular plant. Check the Field Selection Group in the respective document type. (SPRO -> Materials Management -> Purchasing --> PO --> Define Document Type)

2) Then SPRO -> Materials Management -> Purchasing --> PO --> Define Screen Layout at document level, Select the Field selection group. Then goto to Supplying plant and make the Issuing storage location as a "Mandatory field".

Note: But you can use this document type for this particular plant only. For the other plants, use the general document type.

Please revert if you need any clarification.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can be achieved by creating a seperate document type.

tx

Uts

Award if helpfull

dhrubacharan_behera
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think in general it can not be made mandatory for a perticular plant. Better create a new document type and in screen selection of that document type make the st loc field mandatory.Assign this document type only to the user thro authorisation and remove other document types from the user .

This is only a work around suggested.

Dhruba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can be achiived if a seperate document type has been configured for that particular plant for which you need to maintain Storage location as manadatory.

The setting to be done in

SPRO - MM- Purchasing - Purchase Order - Define Screen layout at document level

Regards

Merwyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have maintained separate document types for that plant .Kindly tell me what to do next.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

pl. go to this config

and set storage location as required field

i think you shold select

me21n or NBB for setting st.loc required

SPRO - MM- Purchasing - Purchase Order - Define Screen layout at document level

thanks

prasanna

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

got o

go to spro>mm>pur>po>define screen layout here selct the

NBF field sel

copy it to ZNB then do the SL mandetory for this

now

go to spro>mm>pur>po>define doc type

doc type u need to have SL mandetory

here in field sel place ZNB

hope it clears

regards

kunal

award if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Order type in me21n is same as document type ,right !