cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch job.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

our functional consultant schdule one batch job daily & when ever the batch jobs runs the spools get created.

Buit from last week the batchjob runs but the spools are not getting created.

Thanks and regards,

Thirumoorthy.E

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thirumoorthy,

Execute t-code SM37

Give the job name and the user and check if the spool icon is showing for the job.

Select the job and click on the spool icon.

Check if the spool specification has been removed from the job.Select the job and from menu bar job->job details

Then click on step

select the step and click on display

In the popup screen below click on print specification and check if output device is there.

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ashok,

Thanks for reply .Same job i have scheduled in QAS and i got the spool but in production spool are not generate . othervise i have mentioned output device name.

Regards,

Thiru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thiru,

check that the spool device exist in t-code spad.

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

what can i check with SPAD setting .

The printer is enable,UP and running..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thiru,

In spad you can check if the spooldevice that you have assigned to the job does exist or not.

spad ->click on output devices ,see if the device you have assigned to the job is present there.

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

SPAD ( printer ) side every think is ok....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check for the user

Goto SU01-->give user name >display>click on default tab-->in spool control check if the device is assigned.

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

This is not Necessary bcoz the output device is Network printer .

Regards,

Thirumoorthy.E

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You said, you can see spool for the same job in QAS, is the program in QAS and PRD are at same customizing level and use same variant? I think this may be due to the program or user settings. Not sure but try to schedule with different user and see if it works or it may be with the variant, there might be no spool for selected date range...

Regards

KVR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thiru,

batch job spool request printer out choose immediately .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please send us the Job log what it shows from SM37

Thanks

Vijay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if the spool is not created... is either a error in the program or simply theres nothing to spool.

Have you found any errors in the logs?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The spool itself is not getting created But the job is completed sucessfully..I wanted to know whether this has anything to do with the variants or is it related to ABAP.