cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive Faulty Source files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

What is the use of "Archive Faulty Source files" option in Sender File FTP adapter. When I can use it.

In general, we can expect error only at the mapping level in moni in that case file would have already been picked from the source directory and then deleted.

But I think when we enable this option, I feel like the file has to still remain in the source directory after having failed to process and this file has to be archived in a seperate directory for error messages. How do I achieve this and when can a file remain in the source directory itself without being deleted in case of error other than mapping error which is seen in Moni.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

>

> In general, we can expect error only at the mapping level in moni in that case file would have already been picked from the source directory and then deleted.

In case of content conversion errors, this feature will help. In this case the file will be moved to the Faulty Files archive directory.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

I am using a simple file-file scenario, No FCC is involved. Can we have any error where file will not be picked and deleted from the source directory.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this develop a Adapter Module that will test your element in the xml file , if present move it to a folder and if this is not the case make it to other file.

regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you elaborate on the creation for the Adapter module. How do I handle the generation of error in the source file.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check from the blogs and articles with the search term"Adapter Module" u get ample docs.

U have to use NWDS / Certain Jar files

Java coding would change , there are certain classes that will get each element of your xml .

Code would be like this:

Get each "Element" and compare with our known format sequentially

thx

rgds

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please provide some more inputs to the "Archiving faulty source files".

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the sap.help it clearly says that this option would work

Whem there is a error in "File Content Conversion" means (Flat file --> to --> XML)

This wonot apply to the XML to XML scenario as you are not going to use FCC.

So if the input to File Adapter is doc , check if the entry from file is not getting into XML format as per FCC --> if any error then it would be moved.

But our case is XML , so for this we need to write the Adapter Module

Kindly revert back any more.

regards

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you provide some links for the Adapter module and also let me know how can i configure w.r.to my scenario.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nithiyanandam,

I faced the same issue of faulty files not getting archived to the fault archive folder.

But finally I realized that the XML validation is happening at Integration engine and not at adapter level so it archives all the files which are getting read.

I checked the option of validation by adapter in ICO(this can be done only while creating ICO, otherwise it is greyed out) and this can also be checked in Sender agreement.

Finally the files were getting archived to fault archive folder in case of invalid xml files and valid ones to original archive folder.

There is no need to message transformation bean for achieving this.

Although late but I hope its was helpful!

Thank You,

Indu Khurana.

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii,

To archive source files where a permanent error occurred during processing, select Archive Faulty Source Files.

A permanent error occurs either during the conversion of the file content, or in a module in the module processor.

More information: Adding MessageTransformBean in the Module Processor

○ Specify the Error Archive Directory.

○ To add a time stamp to the archived file, select Add Time Stamp.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/44/658abd344a4de0e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm