Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Unlock the Thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have posted two questions on forums, one was on yesterday and one is today, but after some time i can not able to see that messages.

I got warning saying "This thread is locked - replies are not allowed"

Is anybody know , how to unlock the thread?? What may be the problem??

-

Prashant

9 REPLIES 9

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

good

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

The problem is, you are not posting your thread in the correct forum.

if you post thread in a forum that is not related to that forum, the thread is locked by moderator.

see the rules before posting. only the moderator of the forum can lock and unlock the thread.

Yogesh N

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

But my both questions are about "How Regular Expression Can be used in ABAP??" and i posted the same in "ABAP General" section.

Any Other reason??

-

Prashant

0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

I remember both you questions about "Regular Expression" . I remember it vividly because im one of those people who marked you thread as Abuse.

I guess by now you know why one would mark a thread as Abuse. There are many reasons that could propmp one to use the ABuse button. In my case, i felt it was an easily searchable question here in SCN. I did a dry search on "Regular Expression" and it returned many results. And since you did not make that effort and chose to post a question(which is a violation of the rules) i reported that thread. 5 Abuse reports and the thread gets locked. Then the mod looks into it and then takes a call on wht to do next. In this case I find that the question has been totally deleted.

So next time, pls use the Search Options at SCN before asking a question, apart from following other rules.

pk

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Delete entries from SM12

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Reason's why it is locked..

if you are not following the Rules of engament, If you are asking for links, if you mention the ASAP, if you don't use proper title , if you are posting some Functional/Techinal specs and asking to Code, if you are asking interview questions..

...etc

Then your thread will be locked. I think you did one of the above mentioned...

so next time onwards Follow the rules.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for your all your suggestions and replies. Here onwards i will take care of all the things about rules.

Many Thanks,

Prashant

0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Thanks for your understanding.

If you (had) checked your mail you would find a mail which is sent automatically when the question was locked and rejected stating the reason for this and pointing to "the rules".

Thanks again,

Julius