Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Internal Catalogs

Hi SRM Gurus,

I am re-posting the same query that I posted in SRM-General category.

I wanted to know the difference between using an Internal Catalog for making a shopping cart and using Internal Goods/Services option for making a shopping cart (I mean procurement through selecting the product from the Product Master maintained in SRM Master Data).

In case I have replicated the R/3 material master to SRM server, will it be of any advantage to use Internal Catalogs by replicating all material master details into CCM server?

Also if any of you can tell me whether price maintained in Internal catalogs is to be manually uploaded like the pictures, etc or the price is picked from the R/3 Material Master?

Useful answers will surely be rewarded.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ancy

Former Member
replied

Hi Ancy,

Yes - and kind of!!

You mean that in Product Catalogs, the supplier id is not mandatory. -> Yes

Also, in CCM, only one supplier can be maintained per product. So, we cannot have 2-3 supplier ids maintained for the same product in Product Catalogs -> Only one Supplier can be maintained per SUPPLIER CATALOG! The same product can be contained in every single supplier catalog if you like ....then you have a product with multiple suppliers, but this will appear in your search engine as multiple entries of the same product. However, from there you can compare which is the best option.

Lets look at a really simple example: You have product 'Pens', you have 5 different Office Supplies catalogs. Each Office Supplier supplies different pens at different rates but ALL are just described as pens.

All these pens are made available in the search engine, a user searches for pens, he/she receives 5 hits. From here they can compare and contrast or search within results to further narrow down the requirement, e.g. within these results search for 'Blue' etc.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards,

Jason

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question