cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal CE 7.1 Outlook Integration?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

is it possible to integrate Outlook into an CE 7.1 Portal?

Any solution acceptable, OutlookWebAccess, ActiveX, etc..

I cant find any solutions regarding Application Integration with CE.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Kai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

732911 search this note..it may give you some useful input..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your hint, however this note seems to be for EP 6.0 and 7.0 only. Those version have KM and Collaboration-Functionality which CE 7.1 does not (seem to) have.

So is this Outlook-Integration a Collaboration-Feature and hence unavailable in CE 7.1?

Thanks,

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont have much idea about CE.. the integration which i mentioned above is an Collaboration feature... so may be if CE has KM and Collaboration feature it may have this...

we also have simple procedure ....I can explain you how it is displayed in portal.. we can simply create URL iView... this URL iView basically contains the URL for the Outlook Exchange server i.e. if your Outlook is enabled for Outlook Web Access( OWA ).. we can take it's URL and put in this iView.

Thus if you have portal in place.. you create this iView in portal....which is in PCD of portal and .. i think in CE you can fetch this PCD object..

Regards,

jigar Oza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

I may integrate OWA with a simple URL-iView but then I wont have any SSO-capabilities and the Portaluser always has to explicitly logon to OWA, doesnt he?

Thanks,

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

ya...i forgot to mention that point.. you would not be able to have SSO with logon tickets , but i think SSO with user mapping is possible i dont know exact procedure.. but once i had since seen application where we can have SSO user mapping with yahoo mail site, where only once we need to put our user name and password.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

I will take a try with the plain URL-iView.

Anyone any idea if OWA-Integration via Application Integration and SSO is possible with Portal CE 7.1?

Thanks,

Kai

Former Member

Answers (0)