cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rounding amounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Consider the following invoice: (comma is decimal separator).

Line1---> LineTotal: ........ 100,5550

Invoice total:................... 100,5550

VAT:............................. 16,0888

Total after VAT:.............. 116,6438

The problem is: in lines is needed 4 decimals, but in invoice totals only 2.

So, if we round invoice total to 100, 56; VAT to 16,09; and Total after VAT to 116,64; the sum of Total (rounded) and VAT (rounded) does not match the Total after VAT rounded:

100,56 + 16, 09 <> 116,64

If we obtain sum Total(rounded) and VAT(rounded) we get 116,65 as Total after VAT (rounded). However, journal entry is still 116,64.

Is there a way to tell SAP that the number of decimals in total lines is different of number of decimals in invoice footer totals?

Or do you know any workaround?

Thank you very much.

Edited by: Rui Pereira on Nov 7, 2008 1:45 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

K_Pauquet
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa,

it is exactly this system behaviour that initiated the creation of the new VAT calculation method in version 2007. These rounding issues do no longer occur in that version & I would recommend you upgrade.

All the best,

Kerstin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa

Have you set the decimals for Prices and Amounts under Administration > System Initialization > General Settings > Display TAB to 4 decimals already? If not, you will need to set both. Only problem is that all marketing documents and stock transactions (including production) will now use 4 decimals. If you want to force the invoice total then you can use the rounding field to manipulate the total.

If I have misunderstood your message, please provide more details on what you have done, and what the expected result is.

Kind regards

Peter Juby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

Yes. I have set amount field to 4 decimals. When doing this, line totals are set to 4 decimals, but also the footer totals. What we would need is that the footer totals were set to 2 decimals.

How can I use the rounding field to manipulate the invoice total?

Vanessa