cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict number of line items in Excise Invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The requirement is to restrict the creation of Excise Invoice through J1IIN whenever the number of line items exceed 12.

Please help!

Thanks,

Sinduja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In spro - log general - tax on goods mvt - India - basic setting - maintain excise registration, you have a field named EI items against ur excise registration. there enter 12, system will allow only 12 line items per excise invoice.

regards,

ak

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sinduja

Go to IMG Path -- Logistics-General --> Tax on Goods Movements --> India --> Basic Settings --> Maintain Excise Registrations.

There select your Excise Registration (create a new one if not already created) and go to right side where you can see a tab "EI Items". Maintain 12 there.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the fast reply.

I need your input on more scenario.

Now if there are 100 line items in my billing document, by manintaining EI items in Excise Registration as 12, I can restrict the creation of Excise Invoice to 12.

But what happens to the rest of the 98 items. Is there any way I can automate the creation of Excise Invoices with 12 line items each.

Please help!

Thanks,

Sinduja

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

This you can do it in your excise invoice Lay out/Smart forms. As the stationary used is different for each companies its better to limit the space in layouts. Ask your ABAPer to limit the actual printing area for line items to maximum 2.

regards

swapnil