cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC data not being send to sxmb_moni!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In a RFC to file scenerio, I make the TCP/IP connections and put a arbitrary program id name there.Same prpgram id is made in the RFC Adapter in CC. Why do I do this TCP/IP connections??

I hav done a proper sm59 tcp/ip connection, and given correct serveral details and program id. My RFC adapter is ok in CC in XI. File is getting created. But file is blank.it is carrting no data at all.

Pls dont send URLs. ask me as many as questions u want but tell me where I am doing the mistake.

See the R/3 zprogram code and the RFC code tell me what all corrections I need to do!!

report zrfc_adapter.

data: it_final1 type standard table of zrfc_str.

call function 'ZRFC_XI'

IN BACKGROUND TASK DESTINATION

'R32XIRFC'

tables

it_final = it_final1.

break-point.

commit work.

function zrfc_xi.

Local Interface:

TABLES

IT_FINAL STRUCTURE ZRFC_STR OPTIONAL

it_final-name = 'XXXXX'.

it_final-telephone = '123XXXXX'.

it_final-address = 'XXXXX'.

append it_final.

break-point.

endfunction.

Pls no Urls !!

Points will be rewarded !!

Regards,

Arnab

Edited by: Arnab Mondal on Sep 17, 2008 11:40 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

better get into RWB , CC monitor : Select RFC (Sender) as your selection type and click on u r Adapter.

You can see the message guid link , click on it.From the drop down select "Payload" and u can see it.

regards

srni

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I am right if this parameter is not made a entry in SXMB_ADM, then the payload will not get displayed and a message payload has been removed to save memory should be displayed.

But I don't remember this for sure and can be wrong.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can see above payload in RWB (Adapter --> CC Monitoring) without seting those parameters in SXMB_ADM.

thx

rgds

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat,

I tried to follw your instruction ... RW - component monitering -- Communication channel monitering --- gave the communication channel name -- got it in the list of communication channels -- double clicked on the CC but cannot find this part

" You can see the message guid link , click on it.From the drop down select "Payload" and u can see it."

Pls tell me is my path OK!

Regards,

Arnab

Former Member
0 Kudos
I tried to follw your instruction ... RW - component monitering -- Communication channel monitering --- gave the communication channel name -- got it in the list of communication channels -- double clicked on the CC but cannot find this part

1) RW - component monitering (FINE) -- Communication channel monitering (FINE)---

From here --> give Communication channel type as "RFC" Direction -- "Sender"

It would display "Your configured Sender RFC"

Click on it :: If you are not seeing any Message id with hyperlink then it would be problem with your report program.

Better put external break point and check the output of our rfc

rgds

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnab,

The RFC gets XI, but Is the data sent to XI?

I mean, in SXMB-MONI, can you see the data from R3 before mapping step?

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Carlos, that is the biggest fight,,,I cannot SEE teh RFC load at all...cant make out where exactly is the error!!

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By default, all synchronous messages in XI are not logged.

U need to add the following entry

SXMB_ADM -- Integration Engine Configuration -- Specific Configuration

Parameter LOGGING_SYNC of RUNTIME with value 1.

This should be done only on Dev environments as SAP recommends turning Synch logging off for Production for performance.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

I did this. Again executed the program, and ran teh RFC. But teh load is still empty. Pls Suggest!

Arnab

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arnab,

1. Do you see the message in MONI now?

2. If yes, do you see the incoming payload and outgoing payload?

If you do not see the message in MONI, you need to cross check the entry above is right.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

I could see the messege in MONI before also..But the payload is empty as usual. The settings in sxmb_adm is done and rechecked.. Parameter LOGGING_SYNC of RUNTIME with value 1.Default value is 0.I can change it if u tell me to do!! Now do you want me to go to restart/refresh/ and thing like that...that too I hav done.!!!!

See the payload

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

- <rfc:ZRFC_XI xmlns:rfc="urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions">

<IT_FINAL />

</rfc:ZRFC_XI>

it final has three fields taht should get populated as

it_final-name = 'XXXXXXXX'.

it_final-telephone = 'XXXXXXXXX'.

it_final-address = 'XXXXXXXXX'.

append it_final.

The fact that report program is running Ok is proved by the fact that when I am running the program removing the part

CALL FUNCTION 'ZRFC_XI'

--IN BACKGROUND TASK DESTINATION

'R32XIRFC'--, the tables parameter is populating the variable

TABLES

IT_FINAL = it_final1.

break-point.

COMMIT WORK.

Pls comment !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnab,

It could be a stupid thing what I`m saying (because ABAP world is not my strength), but all the RFCs I have done before, I always used EXPORTING and IMPORTING sentences when I do the call, instead of using TABLES.

Because when you use TABLES, How do you see the structure of your RFC in IB after importing it?

I mean, you can see request, response and fault message.... ???

Regards,

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh, if u dont mind, I can send u the screen shot.....Pls help... I

hav my mail address in my business card. Else pls upgrade yours...

Regards

Arnab

Edited by: Arnab Mondal on Sep 17, 2008 2:41 PM

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Arnab

It is against the rules of engagement to do this. I am following this thread and will provide my inputs as I can.

I am not much of a ABAP'er but if you are convinced that the ABAP code to populate the function module is not the problem, then make some dummy change to the Sender RFC adapter, activate the adapter so that the next time the Interface runs the RFC metadata gets reloaded into the XI J2EE runtime.

Everytime you make a change to the RFC you would need to do this.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

OK. I will do that, but I simply wanted to show u the screen shot to convince you, I did exactly as you said!

Regards,

Arnab