cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Division in sales area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can I have my products brand names as a "DIVISIONS" in defining sales areas of sales org.

Please reply.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ibrahim,

Division

Definition

In the SAP R/3 System you can define a division-specific sales organization. Product groups, i.e. divisions, can be defined for a wide-ranging spectrum of products.

For every division you can make customer-specific agreements on, for example, partial deliveries, pricing and terms of payment. Within a division you can carry out statistical analyses or set up separate marketing procedures.

Yes you can maintain define what ever you want but it should be meaning full.

Division means group of products like

1,Family care division

2.Health care division

3.Cosmotic division

4.Food division

Finally All will be depend upon company requirement and their reporting purpose.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wouldn't suggest these, because this would seriously complicate your master data and subsequent business processes - why don't you use material groups for example.

Why do you need to maintain this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali & Kookie,

Let me explain you more clearly.

I have 4 brands under which dairy products, biscuits, drinks, snacks etc are produced. These brands are crossing across all the products that I am producing.

Also under dairy products I have like flavored milk, cream, milk powder etc and under that SKUs fall.

In above scenario can I use brand as division.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

there shud not be a problem when you define your brands as your division.

Infact that would be easy to control & for creating reports

Swapnil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ibrahim,

If your material is only and always one brand than yes - you can use division for this purpose.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In this case, If you use Brand as division it will be more easiy.

And you can avoid unnecessary complexity to your organisational structure.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You may represent the product range as Divisions. Take an example of Soap , the company may be manufacturing different kind of soap, you can't maintain each and every kind of soap as division, instead we can maintain SO - Soaps as Division. As you know, division is represented with two digit code.

Prase