cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal SSO between to applications / servers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the following szenario. We have two application.

The first application is a bsp-application integrated into portal via iView and SSO between portal is working correctly. This application runs on application server one.

The second application is a Dynpro of a workitem called from the UWL and displayed in the UWL as webgui. Here SSO is working correctly too.

Now I have the following situation. The webgui application has a link to an application in the bsp-application. This application is called as an PopUp. But in this case I get a logon prompt, so the SSO2 cookie in the browser is not recognized. Do I have to add parameters to the link, or what do I need to do?

Thanks and regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We used the wrong full qualified hostname, which was not defined in the SSO relationship.

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

I hope you have couple of BSP Applications in Portal. if so when executing the application from portal is it showing logon screen for that too.

And in UWL, how did you include the BSP application to the task.

to supress the login for the applications like BSP and WebDynpro for ABAP you need to set a parameter to do so

in ECC System go to RZ11 -> login/password_change_for_SSO -> Change the ProfileVal and Current Value to 0, by default it will be 1.

Hope this solves the issue.

Cheers-

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well,

the original BSP application is integrated via iView and working correctly.

The work item in the UWL is not displayed via BSP. Here we reused a dynpro we implemented for SAPGUI. So that this dynpro is displayed via webgui. Within this dynpro a button is programmed, calling an external URL as popup. This URL is calling a sub-application of the original BSP which is also used via iView.

So either calling applications from webgui is not supporting SSO or I need to enhance the link, passing a session???

I will try the RZ11 parameter you guessed. But the BSP is acception portal login in general. Just in this case it is not working.

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In UWL every link you see is a task and is associated with a task number.

What I mean is Every item in UWL have a application assigned in the Backend.

You can find the application assigned to the work item using t.code SWFVISU

and later you need to modify the XML file for UWL and that way on click of work item it will call the BSP application.

hope this helps.

Cheers-

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, thats not I was asking for.

The workitem is opened correctly. The screen is working. This should remain as webgui.

I want just to call an popup of another BSP application if the user clicks on the button in the workitem.

The call and the popup is working. Just SSO is not working.

I could replace the whole application by a Webdynpro front end, this is no problem.

But I do not want to do so, if the SSO problem remains existing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

how are you calling your bsp application, ie what does the url look like from your sapgui dynpro interface? Alot of the times, you might need to include the full portal pcd location in your url. There some documentation on help.sap.com on calling a portal iview via a url.

Cheers,

Dion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using the FQDN [Fully qualified domain name] instead of the IP address in the system object.

E.g. max-sap30:8000

Hope this will solve your problem.

Thanks,

Regards,

Aditya Metukul

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is already called with the FQDN.