cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting Key determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a query regarding how posting key is getting determined automatically.

Example : When raising one sales invoice along with discount to the customer, in that case A/c posting is happening as follows :

Customer A/c Dr

Discount A/c Dr

To Sales A/c Cr

How the above A/c posting (Dr / Cr ) is getting generated automatically? How it is understanding Customer and Discount are to l be debited and sales to be Credited ? I want to know the step by step configuration in IMG.

Regards

Soumitra Bhattacharjee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to T. Code: FBKP/ OB41

There you will find a list of Posting keys, maintained for various kinda postings.

Say, Posting Key:

40 - Debit entry (Double-click on to the Field and Maintain Field Status)

50 - Credit entry (Double-click on to the Field and Maintain Field Status)

Along with which we describe Account type as Vendor/ Customer/ Asset/ G/L Account etc...

Say, its G/L Account.

T. Code: OBX1

Check Posting Keys for Transaction.

Similarly, For Customer,

T. Code: OBXR

And, For Vendor

T. Code: OBYR

Best Regards,

Amit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amit,

Thank u for suggestion.

In OBXR we can only assign A/c type - > G/L.

Can u please clarify how the system is making a relationship between Posting Key -> A/c Type (Customer/Vendor/GL/Asset)->A/c Doc Type.

For Example : Relation between Posting Key - 01 -> A/c Type - Customer -> A/c Doc Type (RV).

Please mention Configuration Path.

Regards

Soumitra Bhattacharjee

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

For standard transaction code say F-02 there is a default document type assigned (TCode OBU1: double click on it you can check Doc type and PK) and from the default PK say 40 (OB41) it identifies the Account type and debit/credit indicator and other attributes.

Cheers

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivasa

Thanks for your reply.

Basically our query was not for JV. While posting a sales invoice using VF01, in the accounting doc we are getting the customer a/c is debited with PK 01. How the automatic assignment of PK 01 is done?

At the same time when we are creating Credit note using the same Tcode i.e VF01, how the system is assigning the PK 11 to the customer?

Can u please tell us the link among the following

SD Document Category (M-Invoice / O - Cr Memo) under Billing type (VOFA) and 01 PK of Invoice / 11 PK of Cr Memo in OB41.

Regards

Soumitra Bhattacharjee

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

claudia_neudeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the last action was before two months, so I close this thread

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Animesh,

The account keys will be maintained in the pricing procedure transaction is V/08

For Price ERL --Revenue

For Discount ERS - Deduction

In the VKOA transaction proper G/L accounts will assigned to that account keys based on these settings postings will taken place when post the invoice in to the accounting.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Murali

We want to know exactly where is the settings in IMG by which it is understanding the revenue as debit .

Regards

Soumitra Bhattacharjee