cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is sap web service cross-client?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody.

I create a webservice from build-in bapi for test. Because DEV system has no data , I try to test web service in another client which is a "No Change" client. Its endpoint/service doesn't exist and I couldn't create the new webservice from bapi directly. Is sap web service cross-client? Or I don't config well ?

Soamanager could create its service and endpoint manually .But my webserice client couldn't request the webservice well.Its error message is "Logon Error". The webservice in DEV system works well. Doesn't anyone have the similar problem?

Details of Service Definition:

Transport Guarantee Type: Signature & Encryption (asymmetric binding)

Message Authentication : User ID/Password

Thanks for any help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What ever Configurations you mentioned does not impact on the web service in a different client.

Web Service is client specific

Web Service Definition isn't.

You have move the Web Service Definition to the next system and create another service using SOAMANAGER.

for consistency, use same service names, binding names etc which will give a similar wsdl in both system except a difference in the address or port.

This is because, the service definition is a design time setting. It will not change like same function module same type profiles.

However, service is a run-time configuration object and hence cannot be transported to a different client.

Thanks

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sri

Thanks for your help. I understand the difference between clients

I still don't know why the web services created by soamanager can't be access well. I try some webservice tools , and its result is "Logon Error" ,especially sap's WSNavigator also fails. Maybe Soamanager creates services name /endpoint and it needs to assign the value of "Transport Guarantee Type" ? But the previous web services is not assigned.

Thanks for any help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

R u trying to create a service in Tx SOAMANAGER?

Then, you will end up in creating an endpoint or binding.

Please let me know the steps you tried for creating a service in SOAMANAGER.

Here is how you can try for successfully checking the web service

1. Create a WS Definition on RFC FM in Se80

2. Go to SOAMANAGER and browse to the definition

3. Automatically a service would have been created for that definition

4. Delete that service and create a new one.

5. Assign no transport gaurantee and no authentication for runtime config and save it

6. Open WSDL for the new binding

7. This will open in a new browser.

8. Copy the url for that browser and paste it in the WS Navigator and follow steps for testing it

This should work

Let me know if you have problems

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri

I tried those steps, but I couldn't create "transport gaurantee and no authentication" . Thanks for any help.