cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM 58 error while posting Idoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have installed a Netweaver XI 7.0 recently and have completed postinstallation tasks.

Communication between all XI components (i.e IR, ID and SLD is working.)

I am trying to test an Idoc to File scenario and while posting an Idoc from my R/3 system I am hitting upon this error "No service for system SAPD46, client 800 in Integration Directory".

I have scanned SDN forums and came across note 940313 which talks about the registration of R/3 system on SLD by one of the two methods as below..

-

Business system

• Activities in the System Landscape Directory (SLD)(Create technical system):

Create a technical system for system ABC in the SLD, and create the client for this. Do not forget to assign an "ALE logical system" (for example, "ABCCLNT123") to this technical system.

SLD (Business system):

You can now explicitly assign a business system to this client.

For more details, refer to the SLD documentation.

Activities in system ABC (self-registration in the SLD):

Alternatively, you can register the system in the SLD in system ABC with Transaction RZ70. You will find detailed information about the SLD registration of systems on the SAP Service Marketplace for the "Exchange Infrastructure" in the document "Exchange_Installation_Guide.pdf".

In system ABC, you can check your configuration with Transaction SLDCHECK.

Activities in Integration Directory (import business system from SLD):

You will find the business systems under Services Without Party in the Integration Services. In the Service menu, you will find the system identifiers, the client, and the corresponding ALE logical system under "Objects"->"Adapter-specific identifiers".

Use the Import/Update button to copy the data from the SLD, to create business systems, or to update their identifiers.

-

I have performed activities highlighted in BOLD. But still error is same.

My question from XI Gurus is that is there any way to know if the manual step of registering my R/3 system in SLD is sufficient (As the SLD bridge for my R/3 system is not configured and I can not use auto registartion.)

Is there any way to check if the R/3 system is successfully registered.

Thanx

Lovein

Edited by: Lovein Khullar on Sep 17, 2008 11:16 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> My question from XI Gurus is that is there any way to know if the manual step of registering my R/3 system in SLD is sufficient (As the SLD bridge for my R/3 system is not configured and I can not use auto registartion.)

yes, you can do this manually.

Can you check the following,.

1. Log on to ID and the corresponding Business System, and check the Adapter Specific Attributes to see if the Logical System name , the R3 Client and System Id are all displayed correct.

2. If yes, then is this business system activated?

3. If yes, make sure that IDX1 in XI has the Port with name "SAP"+SID of R3 system and a RFC destination ic created on XI for R3 and Idoc metadata are imported in IDX2 for this port.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh

All steps u have mentioned are fine .

I am able to import metadata in Idx2 . (IDX1 port is well defined)

RFC destination in xi for r/3 is good.

As a workaround (thinking of bypassing SLD) I tried creating Business service and maintained adapter specific identifiers.

But Idoc fail to reach XI and same message appears in sm58.

Thanx

Lovein

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this is rather strange.

Can you clear all entries in SM58 and try again.

Also, just make sure that the logical system name is right. This is alsmost always d cause of the problem. Not sure what else could the cause be?

Cna you provide the Idoc control record details ( especially the Sender Port and the Sender PartnerName ). The Sender PartnerName should be the logical System Name of your R3 and this is what you would / should maintain in the Business System.

Not sure if I can be of much help beyond this ;-(

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it is due to basis problem, at ID one of service is not working. Please check below mention link for configuration steps

http://help.sap.com/bp_bpmv130/Documentation/Installation/Configuration_Guide_FP.pdf

Meanwhile check all authorization for IDOC processing, else can't process idoc in XI

For IDOC to FILE scenario follow below steps

1. Define Logical system through BD54 after that assign logical system to client through SCC4 window in R3 & XI systems

2. Define RFC destination through SM59 window in R3 & XI

3. Define Port & partner profile through WE21, WE20 windows

4. Trigger idoc from transaction code or test window through WE19.

5. In XI configure SLD under define Product, Component, Technical & business system, it should be WEB as ABAP type.

6. Import component from SLD to ID window meanwhile import idoc from R3

7. Define target structure according to ur requirement and map accordingly

8. Define ports IDX1 & IDX2 in XI

9. In ID define scenario under import business system and configure steps according to ur requirement. Here IDOC is sender so no need communication channel and sender agreement.

It will work without fail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>My question from XI Gurus is that is there any way to know if the manual step of registering my R/3 system in SLD is sufficient (As the SLD bridge for my R/3 system is not configured and I can not use auto registartion.)

Check the same Disscussion

REgards

Seshagiri