Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Enhancing Search - new field

Hey all,

I am trying to add new fields (Z fields that are in the BOL) to the search for opportunities (although the question I have is general, opportunities is just the first thing I am working on), and actually I have not found any real documentation on how to do it.

At the moment I assume that a starting point would be to add the field as an attribute under the SEARCH context node in the view Search of component BT111S_OPPT (after I enhanced the component). When I select the Z field through the "Create" wizard I get the error that the controller Search.do was not found in the BSP application that I created during the enhancing, though.

Am I on the right track there at all, or is there something else I have to do first?

Regards

Thomas

Tags:
replied

Lutz,

I know it is a control table for the dynamic search of the reporting framework for business transactions. It basically makes fields visible to the search engine code. It is basically the "binding config glue" between the structure and the underlying code.

Keep in mind that my formula was based on what the EEWB generates for new CUSTOMER_H fields. I needed to do this, because I had pre CRM 52/2007 generated EEWB fields and needed to manually bring them up into the new CRM 52/2007 structures.

Take care,

Stephen

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question