Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change a particular authorization object value in many roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to change a particular authorization object value in different roles , the number of roles is large .

Regards

7 REPLIES 7

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I need to change a particular authorization object value in different roles , the number of roles is large .

> Regards

I once had to do that too, real bummer!

Please provide more info and ask a question instead of just dumping your problem here.

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi (is Indian or Tiger your first name?),

please check for search results in this forum.....(in accordance to ).

You will find for instance

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=13252834&messageID=5440623

and

and

.....so on.

thank you in advance,

b.rgds,

Bernhard

0 Kudos

Yes that was a hurry to post , i am checking these links and trying to create your script to perform changes in mass rolls using eCATT .

Thanks

0 Kudos

Here what you may try in case this is related to a single T-code in all the roles in question

Using SU24 add the Auth Object to the common T-code as Check/Maintain and maintain the values required in the Auth Object as default values.

Create a script to add the T-code to all the roles at Menu level and save.

Generate the Profiles using Mass Generation Tool.

Reset the T-code in SU24 back to its original values if required.

AB

0 Kudos

I need to reset the "company code" authorization object BUKRS in the roles which are already present , i need to make this blank instead of having any value..

I tried with eCATT but was not able to figure out after giving PFCG T-Code in the statement after selecting BC-SEC component .

Any ideas how to do that ?

0 Kudos

ask your abap programmer to write a program for this

It should take roles as input and name of the Org Value that should be added or replaced

we had a similar program now in my Company

thanks,

SREE

0 Kudos

Aha.. there you go.....

Check this question.... which is very similar to your requirement

Answers

Regards,

Zaheer