cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deadline monitoring in preventive maintenance plan scheduling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

we are having only single cycle time based & performance based preventive maintenance plans. The individual plans are weekly, monthly or based on specific counter readings. Now i want to schedule it automatically through IP30. since there are plans with different units like days or hours how can i schedule it through IP30? is it possible to run separate IP30 for counter based single cycle plans? Is it ok if I run the program on every midnight? I am confused on the scheduling through IP30. please give me the clarity...Please do the needful.

Thanks & best regards,

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Praveen,

Yes you can run IP30 with single cycle plans.

As IP30 can run for many hours (dependent upon number of plans) it is best to schedule the IP30 job at a time when there are fewest users on-line e.g. midnight on Saturday or Sunday. The timing is very much dependent upon your organisation.

[Here|http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=316910] is some good background info.

It should be someones responsibility in your organisation to review the scheduling log after every IP30 run

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

PeteA,

Thank you so much.

Best regards,

Praveen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Praveen,

Please crete variant and make use of T-Code SM37 for executing program automatically after defined interval.

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use the sort field to run different groupings of plans - this way the scheduling runs can be broken up into meaningful lots

set up variants and do as Pete suggests

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As it said in above mail group ur maintenance plans with reference to sort field and make use of it.like put all singlecycle plans with day as unit sort field as day single cycle.

Regards,

N.Nagaraju