Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A key field removal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to to remove a key field which was earlier a key field in a ztable.But when I am trying to activate the table it shows me a error like:

TABL ZTABLE was not activated

Check table ZTABLE (NAZMULA/09/17/08/01:40)

Old key field V_NUMBER is now non-key field

Structure change at field level (convert table ZTABLE)

Check on table ZTABLE resulted in errors .

How to overcome this?

Please suggest some solution..

Thanks in advance.

Nazmul

8 REPLIES 8

0 Kudos

Hi

SE11--> Utilities --> Database Objects >Database Utilities> Click on Activate and Adjust database.

Thanks,

Nelson

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Be aware that you might lose data rows during adjustment, since you removed a field from the primary key.

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

go to se14 ->give table name -> EDIT -> click on Activate and adjust table.

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goto

SE11 Tcode

Enter your table name

and press CHANGE

in the menubar

select Utilities-> Database Utility and in the screen press Adjust and Activate.

0 Kudos

hello dear,

u can do through the database utility (SE14) but if data already existing u cant do with this also. I hope u cant remove key fields.If data is not there u can change or delete the key field.

i hope u can understand

thanks and regards

setty

0 Kudos

Hello dear,

sorry for the prevois answer, U can do through SE14 but it should not be linked with any other table.I mean,if u use this is as a foreign key for another table U cant delete this.

u plz check have u likned with any other table field.

thanks and regards

setty

Former Member
0 Kudos

1)click where used button to check where the table is being used.

2)remove al the objects that are using your table.

3)then go to se14 and click delete and adjust database.

4)it will be activated then

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI nazmul,

If any changes are done at field level( irrespective of whether it is a key field or not ) in a database table, then the table has to be adjusted in the databse too.This is done using SE14(Database Utility).

So, go to se14 and "ADJUST and ACTIVATE" your table after you have deleted the field or made any changes.

Best of luck,

Bhumika