cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client export/import of PRD to stand alone clone & test system

tanya_gray
Explorer
0 Kudos

We need to refresh our Clone & Test system with a copy of PRD. Its a stand alone system used by SAP to connect and analyse error's as our systems cannot allow connections from outside.

Since our last batch of patches were imported we have encountered some problems and need the C&T server refreshed with data in order to replicate the problem for SAP

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated as we need this done urgently

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just copy a Production database backup to any media that your can insert/connect to your standalone server.

As simple as that,

Regards

Juan

tanya_gray
Explorer
0 Kudos

so I can simply backup the SQL database to an external hard drive and then connect the media on the stand alone and take it from there ?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeap.

A full offline backup will be more than plenty

Regards

Juan

tanya_gray
Explorer
0 Kudos

could we also use the scc8 scc7 route ensuring users are unable to logon to the system? Our system doesn't run offline backups

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I thought your system was isolated... anyhow... if you're able to do a remote client copy make sure to lock all users via SU10.

If this is your test system live users should not have it mapped on their SAPGui's anyway.

regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

You can use SCC9 (remote client copy)

You can lock the clients using Functional Module :-sccr_lock_client

And then unlock it using sccr_unlock_client

Regards

Tajinder

tanya_gray
Explorer
0 Kudos

think I haven't explained myself well - our scenario is PRD is currently not working for some users in shift planning since we imported support packs. SAP are not aware of the problem we are encountering and both

SAP and our software support consultants have requested we replicate the error on the system they can connect to whick is our stand alone system.

Our live PRD system is on a network that cannot be connected externally so we use a Stand Alone server (Clone & Test) that has the same configuration and PRD name etc as our current live system. No end users have access to this server.

We need to refresh the PRD client on the Stand Alone with that of the Live PRD system.

Hope this explains our set up better - we hope to refresh the stand alone with the data from the networked PRD system