cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS - PO Excise Value not deducted from Project Available Budget

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Gurus,

My problem is that when an Excisable PO is created against SAP Project then the Excise Value is not included in Budget - Commitment/Actual Amounts.

PO Basic Value + Tax (VAT/CST) is deducted from Available Budget, but Excise value is not deducted even after Invoice Booking.

Please let me know where do I need to change so that the complete PO value is deducted from Available Budget.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

As i have adviced from my MM consultant, Texes are out of the budget and they are not included in PO.Only the net value should deducted from budget.Texes should not.

For texes budget is always extra.If needed budget should be added.

Sukhveer

Edited by: Sukhveer Singh on Feb 23, 2009 7:56 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Thanks for replying.

But could you please let me know where exactly I have to maintain in J1ID.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bindal,

Origin of Project costs lies in other modules.

Pls get you Tax procedure checked by FI/MM. In Tax procedure there will be various Conditions used by your organization. Each Condition type will have an Account Key.

If that account key has 'Non Decutible' checked then the related tax amount will form cost on your project and vice versa.

if your organization is producing something using thses input materials then it would want to benifit itself by taking credit for Modavat/Cenvat against the Excise and other recoverable taxes it paid during the purchase of input materials.

Hence as a correct business practise such taxes will be correctly set as 'Dedutible' in Tax settings so that instead of getting inventorized the'y be offsetted and amount would be posted to some clearing amount.

In short MM would (correctly) not recognize these taxes amounts as cost and thus these values will not flow to PS also as Commitment cost or actual/statistical cost.

with regards,

Ravi Shrivastav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

maintain you tex code correct by J1ID.

Then it will reduce from commitment.

Regards.