Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in file to file scenario..

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

a simple xml to xml scenario where

i have configured a scenario where in it is working fine with the correct inputs but where as now i want to test the same scenario where the file should not be picked by the sender communication channel and need to archive the file in the directory which is configured for error files..

Now, in which case i can produce the error files..

i have tried with this options..

1. changed the structure

2. Added the aditonal fields in the input xml file..

3. given a condition in mapping

4. declared the data type for the field as integer and given the value as string

in above all these cases the file is succesffully picked and failed at SXMB_MONI level by throwing mapping exception error..

Suggest me in which cases the file will not be picked from the source directory..

regards,

Kishore

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i want to test the same scenario where the file should not be picked by the sender communication channel and need to archive the file in the directory which is configured for error files

but the file to be archived has to be picked up by sender communication channel ....untill unless it does not come to XI ie. integration engine it can't be validate whether it is right or wrong .

first the validation should take place then sender channel will sned the file to the archive directory .

otherwise the file will be remained there and you wont come to know tht which scenario is occuring wther right or wrong .

though alerts can be configured for that .

Regard's

Chetan Ahuja

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

Actually i configured the sender communciation channel with the processing mode as delete and found an another option Archive Faulty Source Files i have used that...

so, as u said even if the structure varies the validation takes place at Integration server, so in which cases the file will not be picked from the source directory.. as with the above discussions the file is picked with the filename schema not with the structure...

can any one suggest better inputs..

regards,

Kishore..

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

How can we use and when can this option be used -- "Archive Faulty Source File" in Sender File Adapter

regards,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

check below content from help.sap

Archive Source Files with Errors

To archive source files where a permanent error occurred during processing, set the indicator.

A permanent error occurs either during the conversion of the file content, or in a module in the module processor.

More information: MessageTransformBean, Migrating Dispatcher Classes

It says this option is used using : conversion of the file (Here u r using xml to xml so no conversion)

If you use file content conversion

Test below two options

1) Set correct content conversion and sen wrong file

2) Set wrong content conversion

try two option and let me know

rgds

srini

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreni,

Actually with ur inputs i can understand that only a file will not be picked from the source directory

when i configure as an FCC, if it is an XML file then the error will be raised during execution at

integration server level such that errors will be raised in SXMB_MONI, but i need a clarification

regarding this if the structure is entirely differient from that actual then also based on the file

schema it picks up the file and throws errors at mapping level, can't we trace before this..

regards

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

As per the replies : for PI 7.1 u have the option for validating before it enter IS.

Here are the behaviours:

1) You can archive empty files as seperate in a folder called faulty files as said.

2) But for you the scenario is u have to validate the XML , if it is in different structure then it has to be moved to different folder.

Note: For this you should develop a Adapter Module using JAVA which will validate your XML and dump in a folder depending on it.

After this IS process would happen as usual.

This is the way you can follow if u r not using PI 7.1.

regards

Srinivas

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkateswarulu,

Then what is the use of "Archive Faulty Source File" in Sender File Adapter..

regards

Kishore

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Most of the time the error will occur due to below situations.

1. Source input file not match with source structure

2. File path problem or folder authorization problem for reach/write

3. Mapping problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

oh according to tht i just want to say that file has to be picked whrther validation take place or not .file has to be picked . then it will be routed as simple as that .

As far as archive mode option it will archive the file but in that case also file will be picked and enters in to inegration engine ...but what you want is file should not be picked

Regard's

Chetan Ahuja

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario is so simple: I have done a complete scenario and tested it successful.

Now that to explore on the option of "archive faulty file" in File Sender Communication channel, I want a test file. How can I generate it.

I not sure what shd be the criteria whether the file has to picked by Integration engine and then archive that faulty file or based upon the correlation between structure defined in the source DT and the input XML file the files will th picked by the sender CC.

Regards,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want ur files to be errored out and archived in, set the parameter do not process empty message and try sending an empty file.

Believe it will work.

There are two archiving options, one for normal processsing and other for faulty files.

Make sure u specified the second one.

Regards,

Krish

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PI 7.1 there is a option availble, so that do XML validation at Adpter Engine and file would be picked if

it is valid. use link XML validation in PI 7.1

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d06dff94-9913-2b10-6f82-9717d9f8...

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

You can't validate the file structure or content at the adapter level i.e. all the files that matches the filename schema specified in the inbound channel will be polled in to XI and it would only fail in the integration engine.

So you cannot validate the file in the directory and move it toarchive folder.

Enabling the mode as archive will move all the file picked by the file adapter to the archive folder.

Thanks

SaNv...