cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open SAPGUI from BSP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to open the print-preview of a smartform in the SAPGUI when a link is clicked on the BSP page in the browser. I have created a program which shows the print preview etc. Is there any way of opening up the SAPGUI from the browser with a specific transaction being called and parameters passed from BSP to the SAPGUI?

I dont want to display as PDF unless there is a way to disable downloading or saving of the displayed PDF to the users hard disk. Also printing of the PDF needs to be disabled. This does not seem to be possible from what I have seen in the forums.

Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Preet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

which version of SAP are you working on if its was 6.40 or above you can open the sapgui for html and the url pattern for openning a transaction is

sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui~transaction=se38&..... where you can pass default values for initial screen and skip the same. (search the Integrated ITS wiki for syntax)

or

if your BSP is used in SAP enterprise portal you can invoke the transaction iview to open the SAP win gui.

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for replying so quickly. The SAP version is R/3 Enterprise and I need to open the Wingui. However the issue we are facing is how to pass a dynamic parameter to the R/3 transaction. In the portal we can specify the transaction to call and can pass parameters to it but there seems to be no way of dynamically passing a value to the R/3 transaction.

I hope this makes sense. When the user clicks say a customer number on the webpage, I need to call a Z transaction in R/3 with that customer number passed to it. Is this actually possible?

Regards,

Preet

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

from your BSP application construct the portal transaction iview url along with the application parameters for example the url for PO (ME23) will be like below

/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/pcd!3a!2f!2fportal_content!2fcom.sap.portal.migrated!2fep_5.0!2ftemplates!

2fcom.sap.portal.appintegrator.sap.bwc.Transaction?System=<r3systemaliasnameinportal>&SAP_TCode=ME23&SAP_GuiType=WinGui&SAP_Dynp_Params=RM06E-BSTNR%3D<ponumber>&SAP_Dynp_AutoStart=true

(you may have to get the right PCD location of your transaction iview)

Regards

Raja