Various Questions - Xcelsius 2008
I am currently trying to get an overview of the functionalities provided by Xcelsius 2008. I already had a look at the documentations and product sheets, but there are still some open questions:
1. There is a possibility of integrating Xcelsius visualizations in Crystal reports. Does it also work the other way round? u2013 i.e. can formatted reports that are created with Crystal Reports be integrated in Xcelsius dashboards?
2. Are basic options for conditional formatting provided in Xcelsius (e.g. highlighting negative key figure values in red)?
3. Infoview enables users to add comments. Can these comments be integrated directly in Crystal Reports / Xcelsius, and can it be printed out along with the reports/visualizations?
4. Is it possible to jump from Xcelsius dashboards (e.g. from an embedded chart or report) to flexible ad hoc reporting (e.g. to Voyager)?
5. Are reports that are embedded in Xcelsius always static or is it possible to let the user navigate in these reports (e.g. swap/remove columns in the report)?
Thank you very much for your help!
Ulrich Hambuch replied
1.) It is possible to add a URL-Button to a Xcelsius Dashboard. If you click the button the Crystal report will be displayed.
2.) There are basic options for conditional formatting provided in Xcelsius.
3.) I am not sure maybe you have to build a WebI/Crystal-Report based on this metadata and use this report as a DataSource for Xcelsius to integrate the information.
4.) It is possible to jump via URL (OpenDocument) to a WebI document (Ad-hoc report), it should be also possible to open a Voyager report.
5.) Xcelsius is based on Excel. If you plan to integrate a report, you need a LiveOffice connection to the report. Via the provied Xcelsius components you can embedd the data in the
Excel. For static reports you may use the spreadsheet-component. There are also some dynamic components avaiable in Xcelsius, please refer to the Xcelsius user manual for