cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI configuration : track, check-in and import ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I currently configure NWDI for java development project (and I have no experience wih java development)

Landscape is composed of three portal environments (DEV, INT, PRD) and one NWDI environment. Development portal has also central java development role.

All environments are based on same NW07 SP15 components.

I create a software component which contains three dependencies: SAP_JEE, SAP_JTECHS and SAP_BUILDT.

I also create a track and add the software component created just before.

With Transport studio, I have check-in the three dependencies. They have move from u201CCheck-inu201D to u201CDevelopmentu201D tab.

My question is u201Cshould I now import these dependencies component in development environment (they have u201Cwaiting for importu201D status) ?

Development environment is development portal on which these components are already deployed u2026

Thank for yours explanations.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

you need to import them not only from check-in to development. but throughtot check-in to assembly.

and this import is used by NWDI to move the dependecies into compartments.

what you see in NWDI transport studio, are the compartments (dev,cons,test,production) its not actual servers.

when you import them throught assembly then only your track becomes ready. so dont worry. this is not going to harm you any dev or production server

Former Member
0 Kudos

and in addition to snehal, the standar SAP SCAs won't be deployed to your servers (they are defined as dependicies, they are already installed on the system). The only thing that will deployed is your new SCA. If you're unsure, disable automatic deployed in your track definition.

Regards,

Daniel