cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TOAD or EASY*SQL equivalent in SAP???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to execute a number of SQL statements at once on a database, not using ABAP. In former projects I worked with TOAD and EASYSQL, or even SQLPLUS which all enable you to execute a file with SQL statements. I am looking for something in SAP that can do the same. Who can help?

Thx, Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

SAP also has SAL functionalities. You can build SAP Quieries which are similar to any other SQL quieries. Check the SQ01 and SQ02 transaction. You can vuild information libraries and reports...

Check this link for further info: http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/d2/cb3efb455611d189710000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

I did some digging in the forums and found a number of SAP transactions codes like SQVI, SQ01, SE38. However they don't seem to support what I want to do. I want to define my SQL statements outside of SAP, let's say in a plain ASCII file. This can be any number of SQL-statements, let's say about 80. Then I want to load this file into a tool (which is possible with TOAD or SQLPLUS) and execute the statements automatically one after another, with the results being written to a spool file. Does SAP has a tool that can do this?

Why do I want this? Tracing a program gives me a number of sql-statements that are performed by SAP, only not the rows it did select. What I have done the last couple of days is using SE16 to find the tabel, doubleclick to see it's structure, go to see the content where I have to enter the selection criteria myself. I think it is a lot of to query 15 or 20 tables this way. Based on the trace file I could download the statements to Excel, make real SQL statements out of this file, save the file as an ascii file and then execute the statements automatically.

Regards, Paul

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not understand the reason for this, but of course, you can acces the DB directly with standard SQL. You'll have to define DB objects and paths... Ask your BASIS team, what DB do you use and where it's stored.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

The reason for this is that this way of working will save me 95% of the time in querying tables. We are running an Oracle DB and I will ask the DBA's to give me rights to SQLPLUS as apparently SAP doesn't have a query tool that's as flexible as TOAD or SQLPLUS.

Thanks, Paul

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yep, SAP is not great for SQL, but it's a matter of habit. You can get used to it... But, as I said you can access DB which SAP uses with all usual tools

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with T.Code:SQVI

all the best

Prasad