Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Task Container

former_member185879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had a workflow which sends notification to UWL and Outlook. i created task and container elements in both workflow container as well as in task container. i am going to trigger a workflow by using RFC. when i trigger the workflow i am getting the work item id.

i have displayed some text in workitem text(task - Basic Data) with the employee no. but when i saw the task in UWL i'm not getting the employee no. which i created in both container and binded from WF to task as well as from task to WF container.

can anyone tell me what will be the problem???

but if i executed and test the workflow alone i can see the employee no in the task.

Thanks

Regards

SM Nizamudeen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nizamudeen SM,

Check for the setting in the tcode SWFVISU transaction.

Thanks and Regards

Balaji E.

former_member185879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I already maintained a task number in SWFVISU.

and one more thing i'm not getting that employee even in the SBWP also.

If i can get in SBWP, then sure it will be displayed in UWL also.

Thanks for your response. Please provide some more inputs.

Thanks

Regards

SM Nizamudeen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this would a binding issue. Check the log and see whether you can see the value in the workflow container element and task container element.

former_member185879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked the log. only the workflow container is updated not the task container. but my binding with the task container is also done correctly.

if i execute a workflow directly in SWDD with the input values it is binded to task container.

but if i execute thru function modules then it is not binded to task container.

Thanks for your response. Please provide some more inputs.

Thanks

Regards

SM Nizamudeen

Edited by: Nizamudeen SM on Sep 17, 2008 11:20 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nizamudeen SM,

For sure, check the binding between Workflow container --> task container and Task container -->method container.

Thanks and Regards

Balaji K.

former_member185879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I already checked and moreover i deleted both the container elements and created one more time, then also it is not working. Even i created new task and binded.

My doubt is if i run in SWDD the binding works. but if i run thru RFC it is not working. What will be the reason?

Thanks

Regards

SM Nizamudeen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nizamudeen,

I have got ur scenario but i didnt get .. But before going forward, i would like to ask few question from your end..

1- What you mean exactly by calling Wf by RFC ?

2- When you running WF standalone that time is it asking for employee name to pass as a variable..?

3- From Employee number or name is coming in to WF?

Regards Dev

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Before you check the description, did you checked the container values in the WF log. First of all, is the WF container getting populated. Secondly, there may be a timing issue.

Regards, IA

former_member185879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Calling WF by RFC means. i am trigger a workflow by using START_WORKFLOW BAPI and UPDATE the container value by using CONTAINER_SET and MODIFY_CONTAINER bapi's.

2. when i run a WF from SWDD, i can give values to WF container (for Ex: EmpNo : 12345, EmpName: XXXXX) and also it is updating task container also. i am able to see the values in both container

3. Even if i run by using bapi's i am able to receive data in WF container.

Hi Imthiaz,

I checked the workflow log also, i am able to see the values of workflow container, but not able to see the values in task container. i have to check with timing issue!!!

but when i saw the log, i can see the workitem id as 0000012345678 in WF container, and 00000123456789 in task container. is there any problem because of this!!!

Please reply ASAP

Thanks

Regards

SM Nizamudeen