Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems related to usage of BAPI_USER_GET_DETAIL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

When using BAPI_USER_GET_DETAIL, we could get a few output parameters like ADDRESS, LASTMODIFIED by inputing the user name. There are a few fields in the structure of ADDRESS, LASTMODIFIED. For instance, the ADDRESS contains fields MODDATE and MODTIME, and LASTMODIFIED contains fields ADDR_NO, FIRSTNAME, LASTNAME. I'm wondering where these fields come from. Which database tables are they stored? Currently I only know that the field ADDR_NO is stored in USR01 and MODDATE and MODTIME are stored in USR04. What about the fields of FIRSTNAME and LASTNAME? BTW, could anyone introduce a more convenient way to find the fields? Using where-used list does not seem to work...

Thanks,

Robin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

1. select single * from usr21 where bname = 'username'.

2. select single * from adrp where persnumber = usr21-persnumber.

3. ADRP-NAME_FIRST, ADRP-NAME_LAST

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

1. select single * from usr21 where bname = 'username'.

2. select single * from adrp where persnumber = usr21-persnumber.

3. ADRP-NAME_FIRST, ADRP-NAME_LAST

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Robin

The external interfaces of BAPIs do not tell you much about the internally read DB tables. In case of BAPI_USER_GET_DETAIL some of the read tables are:

USR01
USR02
USR05

ADRP
ADCP

AGR_USERS
AGR_TEXTS
AGR_DEFINE
and many more

You will find all relevant tables using the ST05 trace.

Regards

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm new to ABAP, all I want to know is when testing the BAPI, I will get a few outputs, I want to know values for fields like firstname and lastname (contained in the exporting parameter ADDRESS)originate from where? in which table I could find the fields.

Thanks