cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find out Patch Level?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone tell me where to programmatically find the Patch Level (as displayed in Help | About)? Would be very useful for testing and branching.

TIA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luk,

In complement of that Petr said, you can find the information in the SDK's help :

The version of the Company database always equals to the versions of the OBServer.dll and SBOcommon database.

The version is stored in the CINF table of the Company database and also in the SINF table of the SBO Common database.

And you can retrieve the version like this :

oCompany.Version

Hope it's help.

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I am aware of the Version property of CompanyInfo.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luk,

I know this is not a good solution but if its a one time activity i guess we can Click on the menu About and when the information screen(Form type = 99999999) opens with the PL information, i guess u can get the text from the static text Item UID = 27.

Hope it helps,

Vasu Natari.

Nussi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

or just read the information from the "SAP Business One.exe"

look at Version / Special Description

there you have the exact PL.

lg David

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

OMG there it is, ServicePack and SpecialBuild! And how did I miss this? Because Vista doesn't display the little versioninfo extras anymore.

Thank you so much!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

run in recordset sp as

exec [sbo-common]..TmSp_GetCompList

youll receive all infos you need.

Edited by: Petr Verner on Sep 17, 2008 9:38 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Petr,

The storedproc you suggest gives me the same version that I got by calling CompanyInfo.Version.

In my case, I am running database version 8.0.176 and patch level 35. Do you believe there is a connection between 176 as a db subversion and 35 as patch level? I am looking for a way to get to that number 35.

Thanks