cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Not Displayed in Multi-Provider

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a MP that is based on 4 Info Cubes. In each Info Cube, I have added a compounded characteristic. Both parent and child characteristics are added to all 4 cubes.

These characteristics are also added to MP and assigned to the corresponding characteristics in all 4 base cubes.

When I display data at info cubes level, I can see that the compounded characteristic is populated. However, when I display data at MP level, the compounded characteristic is blank.

Do you know what could go wrong?

Please help.

Thanks,

CH

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

in MP, just do not include any other charactersitics.

and in LISTCUBE, do not see the data ijn Infocube. Rather, select the target as MP, and in selection screen, you will find one object "InfoProvider" under Data Package dimension. There you select you cubes one by one and check the data.

Thanks...

Shambhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope the characteristibs is line item in all the 4 cubes. Make it line item in MP also. Assign it to line item dimension and assign to all the 4 cube. While checking data thru LISTCUBE, in infoprovider(0INFOPROV), you should select 0ne cube at a time and see if data is coming. Do this for all the cube and then combination. I hope you will get the data.

Thanks...

Shambhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it is line item dimension in all the 4 cubes.

How do I make it Line Item dimension in MP?

In LISTCUBE, I am able to get the data in individual cube but not in MP.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try this. Go to the MP and see if the particular characteristic has been Maintained properly in MP. ie. select the button "Identify Characteristics" from the tab above, and then see if the particular characteristic has been selected from all the cubes.

Hope this solves it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked in MP. That characteristic has been assigned to all 4 cubes.

Is there any other things that I need to check to make sure the characteristic value is displayed in MP?

FYI, this characteristic is a Line Item Dimension in cube. Will it work?

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well, thats right. If there is data in the cube, it has to show up. There are no particular settings for a COmpounded Characteristic.

How much data are you having at the cube level ? While trying to see the data in MP, how many records are you selecting to view ?

For ex: if you have 15 Lac records, and u r selecting only 1 lac for viewing, increase that 1 lac to somthing like 10 lacs. You may have data in the remaining record. Just a thought.

Also, the compounding characteristics, should be present as independent characteristics in the cubes.

This might help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion.

I selected a particular record in cube with a unique key. The compounded infoobject is populated with value.

I then go to MP to display the same record. I even filter that record by InfoProvider. The record is displayed but the compounded infoobject is blank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you refereing to Navigational Attributes not displaying data in MP?

First, you need to select them in each of the Cubes as Navigational and then Maintain them in the MP. After this you will see data.

Hope that was what you were looking for.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. I was referring to Characteristic. Not Navigational Attribute.

As what I know, MP is a union of the data in all the cubes. If the data exists in base cube, why it is blank in MP for the same record?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

are u sure that the source system for all these Cubes are same?

if the same data is available for the Compounding Char.. then definitely it wil be displayed as an ouptput of the MP..

better check the data consistency once..

Thanks