cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EC-CS: FI-GL->FS item hierarchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

My customer is about to implement EC-CS. My question is regarding how to get data from FI to EC-CS with realtime update (FI and EC-CS in same client). In FI they already have a financial statement version (FSV) -that they use to consolidate in MS Excel files- including knots/numbers that could serve as FS items and serve as well as group account numbers.

1. Am I right that I can set up the FS item hierarchy (=consolidation COA) via transaction CX16 u201CCopy Item Hierarchies from Financial Statement Versionu201D.

2. After that transaction CXNP to create from a Consolidation COA a group COA.

3. Link the operational chart of accounts in OB13 to the group chart of accounts.

4. Transaction OCCI activate data transfer to EC-CS (company consolidation, create datastream).

Anything else that I need to do regarding GL/FS accounts?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Can I transfer transaction data from FI to EC-CS (with transaction CXNM) when I only have an operational COA in FI and in EC-CS the FS item hiearchy (created from financial statement version)? How does the system know that GL account relates to a specific FS item?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Data in ECCS (which is usually activated after going live of FI module) may be brought by two ways:

1) Pre-activation data: This is the data which was created in FI before activation of ECCS module. This is brought by t-code CXNM.

2) Post-activation data: There are various ways, but one of them is real time update, which is your focus right now, activated via t-code OCCI.

Consolidated CoA is maintained via t-code CX10, which is linked to the rest of the system (including FI) via CXGP u2013 Global parameters u2013 Further settings u2013 CoA.

Hope you got the point.

Ambadas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

If I use realtimeupdate do I still need a task 'data entry' in my datamonitor? And do I still need to have a task for validations?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

If you use realtime update then task data entry may not need it, provided all the company codes / consolidation units are in the SAP system.

The "task validation" does many things so you may need it.

Enjoy SAP,

Ambadas,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I opened a message with SAP. They said:

the subsequent transfer of the FI documents to EC-CS with realtime

update is possible with transaction CXNM.

The assignment of GL accounts to group accounts (OB13) and the assignment of group accounts to FS Items (CXNF and CXN2) are necessary.

Please also take care that the Consolidation Units have to be

integrated with the Company Codes (Tr. CXNT).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arjan,

Here are the answers to you your 4 questions:

1) Yes, CX16 you can maintain FS items,

2) Yes, but GCoA is not necessary (it is optional depending upon requirement. Usually used by MNCs having company codes in different countries with different local CoAs.)

3) Yes but depends on question # 2

4) Yes OCCI for activation of real time update.

Goodluck!

Ambadas