Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

while running tcode vn01, getting message you are not authorized

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

one of the end while running tcode vn01 is getting message you are not authorized to use this function, earlier it was working fine and still it is working fine in quality, so please suggest what might be the problem,

Regards,

Tarun

10 REPLIES 10

former_member1061482
Participant
0 Kudos

Goto su56 and check if S_TCODE contains vn01 t-code.

In case it doesn't, go to suim-> change documents for users and see if any role has been deleted from your profile. May be the role which was giving access to vn01 earlier, is no longer assigned to you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

no its not like that tcode vn01 is there and it was working fine.

day or two back it was working fine.

even now also first screen is opening after entering tcode vn01 but with error "you are not authorized to use this function"

Regards,

Tarun

0 Kudos

It looks like Authorization issue..

After you get the authorization error message, execute /nSU53 and see what auth object it is missing.

You may need correct role assignment containing the displayed auth object with required values.

0 Kudos

error "you are not authorized to use this function"

Double-Click on the error message and see what is the error.

Also what values do you have in S_NUBMER obj.

AB

Former Member
0 Kudos

no its not an authorization problem, because the other user with authorizations is able to run tcode vn01

and also in su53 i m not getting any missing authorization

0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

May be the role containing the t-code vn01 has experied for the user.

Execute -SU01

Give the user name and display

click on role tabb

and check the valid from and valid to .

You can do user compare for the user once and ask the user to logout and login.

May help.

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

everything is fine, every thing is in validity date, it is some other problem

regards,

tarun

0 Kudos

Can other users run this transaction OK?

Can users with the same set of roles run it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the End user tring to execute the T-Code through the Portal or GUI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Thanks a lot for your help, my problem has been resolved.

let me once again explain you what was the problem and how it got resolved.

Problem: when user was running tcode vn01, he use to enter the very first screen of vn01 but with pop up that u are not authorized to use this function.

although he was having the authorization for this tcode.

Solution: i gave sap_all to the user and after giving sap_all his problem got resolved, so it become confirmed that its only authorization problem

then i removed sap_all, checked related object of vn01 i.e s_number and its calling snum, i gave the authorization for snum and rnro but still he was facing the same problem

Then i created new role with only vn01 and assigned to my user id it was working fine, so i assigned the same role to that user but again his problem didn't resolved, then i created the copy of user and started removing roles one by one, other and for the role having vn01 authorization, by doing this problem got resolved and the role which was blocking vn01 to run come into picture, so i thought some tcode might be blocking this but it was not the case the role itself was blocking that tcode because i created the copy of the same role which was blocking vn01 and assinged to user then it was working fine and problem got resolved.

so what it concluded that might me the profile of that role was not created properly or may be it got corrupted or might be bug in ecc6.0

Thanks to all friends who contributed for the same.

i am posting one more question, please help me out in that also

i