cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver JDBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am working on a File-XI-JDBC scenario. My requirement is that before inserting the records in the database it should first check what all entries are already existing in the database wrt a particular column value. If an entry is found in the database then that entry should not be inserted rest all data should be inserted.

I have tried with UPDATE & INSERT command at receiver end but it is not checking for the existing records.

Kindly guide me on this.

Regards,

N.Jain

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is no need to check existing record if you maintain the Primary keys well at both side , if any change is record is there it will update ,

if you still want to check JDBC Lookup is the best option ,which you can perform by UDF/mapping very easily.

regards,

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use Redo

However, if the error occurs because the message was saved in the database when it was first processed and it is still located there, processing can be completed for the sender system using the value Repeat (note that the database interface normally triggers the error duplicate insert if at least one of the table fields was defined as a primary key). Otherwise the sender system will continue to send the message and the error will continue to occur.

see link:http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/22/b4d13b633f7748b4d34f3191529946/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

use the look ups in mapping and then insert

check this blog

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/08/23/lookup146s-in-xi-made-simpler

regards

kummari