Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Confusion on LONG data type support from SQLDBC

Hi All,

Like we know MaxDB 7.6.3 onwards is not going to support CLOB/BLOB and we have to use data types LONG BYTE/LON ASCII etc.

What confuses me though is the content of SQLDBC_C.h file present with the community edition of MaxDB 7.6.3, mainly functions like:

SQLDBC_DLLEXPORT SQLDBC_Retcode SQLDBC_LOB_close(SQLDBC_LOB* hdl);

SQLDBC_DLLEXPORT SQLDBC_Retcode SQLDBC_LOB_putData(SQLDBC_LOB* hdl, void *paramAddr, SQLDBC_Length *paramLengthIndicator);

SQLDBC_DLLEXPORT void SQLDBC_LOB_delete_SQLDBC_LOB(SQLDBC_LOB *lob);

etc.....

Are these functions present to support LONG types ?? Also one more thing i would highly appreciate is, if someone can point me to some example programs which handle the LONG data types.

A working program with things like insert and select and data reading for the LONG would definitely help to clear most of the doubts in my mind.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
Former Member replied

Regarding the memory size:

For buffer-based host variables: The indicator will tell after the operation how much data in bytes was available was before the operation. One can use getObject afterwards to get the rest.

SQLDBC_LOB is an object. No size is needed, but the getLength method will tell you the size of the LOB/LONG.

Regards

Alexander

The 41 bytes is the internal length in the handle transmission from SAP MaxDB server to client, and has no use at all here ...

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question