cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VARIANT CREATION FOR REPORTS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi *SAP MM GUYS* could any body please tell me the procedure how to create a variant for reporting and tell me the use of creating variant and give me some application for variant cration.

Awaiting your reply

Veer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I give you one example,

Enter t-code ME2N, Then click on Dynamic field selection button.

Then double click on created by field enter enter any user id in it.

Then click on save button.After click on this screen your can see one other screen for variant.

Here you have to assign variant name and meaning. You can also change field status for report with help of this screen.

Before click on save button, tick on protect check box button and then click on save.

Then exit from transaction and enter ME2N.

Click on Get variant button. Here you can see list of variant, select your variant and get report as per your requirement.

Regards,

Mahesh Wagh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dhrubacharan_behera
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Variants helps us in mantaining the selected inputs or selection criteria so that when we call the same variant the preselected criteria are automatically selected and the report is run using these selection criteria.We need not input the selection criteria again when running the report.For example in ME2L/M/N we select a specific plant ,selection parameter ,document date ,delivery date.Than to save this variant choose "Go to" --- Variants-Save as Variant.Than you will get the screen where you have to enter the name of the variant starting with Z and the description of your choice.Than save the variant.This will appear next time when you run the report.

Dhruba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create variant for reporting to get default selection criteria for frequently used reports. You may enter the selection criteria manually & access Go to -->Variant --> Save as variant. Then give the name, short text of variant, other default criteria & save. Then while executing the report next time, call the variant & execute. By having the variant, you can confirm that no selection criteria is missed out & the report is executed correctly every time.

Regards,

Prashant