cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New quotation: Not all quotation transaction types are available

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear expert

I use the SALESPRO standard business role. In Sales Cycle Work Center, there are: Quotations and Sales Orders.

If I select Quotations and Create New quotation: Only 2 quotations transaction types can be created (in the pop-up list)

If I select Sales Order and Create New Sales Order: Other quotation transaction types can be created (in the pop-up list)

I would like to be able to create all quotation transaction types under the Quotations Logical Link. I don't understand why some belong to the Quotations Logical Link and others belong to the Sales Orders Logical Link. What should I do to have all my quotations transaction types under the Quotations Logical Link?

Thanks in advance,

Stephanie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It is due to Leading Transaction Category in transaction--> Basic setting --> define tx type. If you change leading transaction category of quotation that are appearing in Sales Tab To Sales quotation or service quotation then they will appear in that tab.

Best regards

Pankaj

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hugo,

During my testing, I only found that the 2 following values had impact on the pop-up list to create a new quotation:

- Relevance for quotation = 2 initial quotation

- Subsequ. processing = X quotation is copied to subsequent document

You have to check those 2 values for all items categories used in your transaction type.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Stephanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stephanie for your Input..I've just assigned one item categorie with the options that you referred to and now it works...

Thanks once again

Grtz.

Hugo

Former Member
0 Kudos

you must configure a new item category determination for this new transaction type and assign the right item category to it.in this item category ,set the field - Relevance for quotation = 2 initial quotation

- Subsequ. processing = X quotation is copied to subsequent document .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - Thanks for your answers. In fact, it was a bit weird but I finally found the reason: the item categories had a subsequent processing set to 'quotation status is reset' instead of 'quotation is copied to subsequent document' ...

Stephanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stephanie, I've the same problem, can you please explain me in detail what you did? becuase I was checking the item categories and the one I've created was per copy of the standard one ''AGN' and it has the 'x Quotation is copied to subsequent document'...

Thanks a lot,

Kind Regards

Hugo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer.

My transaction types for quotation are active. I can see them all in the new UI. But if I go to Quotations / Create a new quotation, I won't have in the pop-up list all my transactions types for quotations. The other transaction types for quotation are in the pop-up list when I create a new sales order ... I don't understand why. I would like to have all my transaction types for quotation available in the pop-up list when I create a new quotation.

Vishant, I don't understand what you want me to do/check in the Define Business Role IMG.

Stephanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephanie

Please check Business Transaction Profile where we define which are the transaction types should be allowed in the pop up.

Regards

Pankaj M Vispute

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephaine,

This configuration depends upon the navigation bar profile customizing of your business role. go to transaction /nCRMC_UI_NBLINKS to edit your navigation bar profile or create a new one to suit your requirements & then assign the profile to your business role in above settings...!!

for more information on how to adjust these settings, please read the attached documentation in above IMG activities...!!!

Let me know if this helps...!!

Best Regards,

Vishant Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You would need to configure your business role accordingly:

Tr: SPRO--> IMG --> Customer Relationship Management --> Business Roles --> Define Business Role

Best Regards,

Vishant

former_member198218
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you check if maybe some for your transaction types for quotation are flagged as deactive? this is a common thing in customizing.

cheers

martin