Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load cache server

elena_abramova
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello.

I need to perform permanent loading information from Content server to Cache Server (may be every night or one time a week).

How I can do it?

I find reports RSCMSPLT and RSCMSPLD, but I can't find any information about I-files. What is this and how I can use them?

There is another report DMS_KPRO_FILL_CACHE, with it help I load files from Content Server to Application Server or GUI PC. With what parameters it can be run to load data from Content Server to Cache Server (what RFC-destinations).

Thank you for Help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

elena_abramova
Explorer
0 Kudos

This operation is perform via RSCMSPLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Elena,

I have the same problems (Content server in USA and Cache servers in Europe/Asia).

Could you tell me how did you perform the initial cache server preload?

Thanks in advance,

Federico Biavati

jacob_ellsworth
Explorer
0 Kudos

Federico or Elena,

I have the same requires as Federico, and was wondering if you got this to work?

thanks,

Jake

K-
Participant
0 Kudos

I have configured content server and cache server.

I'm investigating to use DMS_KPRO_FILL_CACHE to preload cache servers (different document on different cache servers).

Have you any hints to get a full working environment?

Is it possible to use specific distribution categories and http destinations to drive document preload?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The cache server automatically fetches the files from content server. Is there any specific reason do you want to load the files into cache server.

Anirudh,

elena_abramova
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Anirudh.

Thanks for reply.

I know how Cache Server work )

But our client has bad communication chanel between Content Server and users PC and want to preload Cache Server (placed in user PC location) before users working.

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elena,

You have a few options. I'm not an expert in either one, as i'm on the process of trying to do the same as you are.

- Use the SAP standard program DMS_KPRO_FILL_CACHE

- Get the SAP consulting offer - see note 1178787 (i will refrain from commenting on them providing this at extra cost)

- Cenit has a solution as well. Seems quite advanced, but i assume costly as well.

Espen