cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MM01-Industry sector

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

While creating material code using MM01 i have wrongly put industry sector as OILl.Now i need to change the industry sector. specify which Trasancation Code to be used.

or specify some procedure.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When you create a material master record, you are required to classify the material according to industry sector and material type.

Like material types, industry sectors have control functions in the R/3 System. For example, it is a factor determining the screen sequence and field selection in a material master record.

Once you have assigned an industry sector to a material, you cannot change the industry sector again afterwards . This is what standards SAP says.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Changing the industry sector once you create the material is not possible.

What you can try doing is go to MM01, give the material in copy from material & then give the correct industry sector.

Regards,

Sivanand

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Industry Sectors

Use

When you create a material master record, you are required to classify the material according to

industry sector and material type.

Like material types, industry sectors have control functions in the R/3 System. For example, it is

a factor determining the screen sequence and field selection [Page 97] in a material master

record. Once you have assigned an industry sector to a material, you cannot change the industry

sector again afterwards.CChheemmiiccaall iinndduussttrryy

MMeecchhaanniiccaall eennggiinneeeerriinngg

Features

The standard R/3 System contains the following industry sectors. The ID used to identify the

industry sector internally appears in parentheses.

Plant engineering and construction (A)

Chemical industry (C)

Mechanical engineering (M)

Pharmaceuticals (P)

The other sectors are for retail.

Activities

Your system administrator can define other industry sectors in Customizing for the Material

Master in Define Industry Sectors and Industry-Sector-Specific Field Selection [Ext.].

This is MM tutorial notes

Industru sector cannot be changed in std SAP

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

it is not possible.

first delete the materiaL AND THEN CREATE THE MATERIAL WITH CORRECT INDUSTRY.

REGARDS

safeer_rahman2
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI friend..

Sorry . Its not possible to change the industry sector.You may have to recreate..

Incase if you need to change the material type. Check with the Tcode MMAM... and change the material type..

But make sure that you have not made any stock posting so far for that material..

Thanks,

Safeer Rahman

Former Member
0 Kudos

MMAM is for change of Material type .I am asking for change of Industry sector.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think you can - check with the MM guys. THe other option is to extend the material. Go to MM01, enter the material number, select the right industry sector, and then enter the material number again in the field Copy From Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked material by MM01 and changed the Industry sector but it takes the old industry sector automatically.

I have already created the Matcode and cant create the new Matcode.If some procedure can sort it out ,let me know.