cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STO vender master data maintain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,team.

I came into a question when maintain vender master data in STO process.

If I want to active STO,I must maintain the plant assignment in the add.purchasing data of vendor master da,but after I've done that,I found out that if I maintain the plant assignment in the add.purchasing data of one purchasing organization,the plant assignment of the other organizations will also be maintained.I can't delete the plant assignment of one purchasing organization without infecting others.

So here is my problem.I have two diffierent plants that belong to diffierent company code and diffierent pur.org. They both needed to cread PO to the same inter-company vendor.How can I active STO of one of the two plant without infecting the other one,or will I have to creat two diffierent vendors for them.

I am looking forward to the answer.Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you have done like this:

- Create the Supplying Plant as your Vendor (say abcd) with the Vendor Account Group 0007 for one Comp Code and Purch Organization combination.

- Now, go to change mode of the Vendor and in Add. purchasing data of vendor master data; input 'abcd' as plant assignment.

- In the same screen, select the check box related to the data retention at Plant level allowed.

- Now, if you want to extend the Vendor data to the other Comp Code and Purchasing Organization combinations, extend the same.

- If you want to give a specific data related to the plant, select the 'Alternative Data' icon on the Purchasing data and maintain the Plant specific data.

So, for all the Comp Code and Purchasing Organization combinations, you can observe the same Supplying Plant in the add. purchasing data of vendor master data.

If you have more number of supplying Plants, create new Vendor Master records for each supplying Plant.

Please let me know the issues, if you have any.

Regards,

Narayana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Thank you for your help Narayana.

But I still have a question.For all the Comp Code and Purchasing Organization combinations, I don't want to observe the same Supplying Plant in the add. purchasing data of vendor master data.

For example,I want to observe Supplying Plant 'abcd' for Comp Code 'a' and Purchasing Organization 'a001'.However, for Comp Code 'a002' and Purchasing Organization 'a002',I don't want to observe any Supplying Plant,because to Comp Code 'a002' and Purchasing Organization 'a002',it is just a ordinary vendor.Is it possible?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Narayana,I've solved the problem with your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Becker Wang,

Let me explain in detail:

- For STO Vendors only, our Plant becomes Vendor and we will maintain the Vendor name (like, 'abcd') in the Supplying Plant field.

- For other type of Orders, you will have other vendors (not our internal Plant). So, there you are not required to maintain this Supplying Plant field. You can leave it blank.

-Only when you extend the STO Vendor (means our internal Plant) then only the supplying Plant field will get copied.

In your example, if you want to observe Supplying Plant 'abcd' for Comp Code 'a' and Purchasing Organization 'a001'.assign 'abcd' in the supplying plant field after creating your Supplying Plant as 'abcd'.

However, for Comp Code 'a002' and Purchasing Organization 'a002',as you need a ordinary vendor (ie, no STO here) you will create a new vendor ' pqrs' and in the supplying plant field you please do n't assign any plant.

That means, if your requirement is ordinary but not a STO, then your supplying Plant concept won't come into picture at-all. Hope I am clear.

Please revert back if you need any further clarification.

Regards,

Narayana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First create the Vendor for the first Company code, Plant and Purchasing Organization combination.

Now, extend the same Vendor (in the transaction 'XK01') for the second Company Code, Plant and Purchasing Organization combination.

You can use the same Vendor number for both the Company Codes. System will recognize depending on the Plant and Purchasing Organization combination.

Hope, this will solve your purpose.

Regards,

Narayana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your kindly help.

But what I am wondering is that is the plant assignment in add. purchasing data of vendor master data that used in Stock Transport Order cross the company code or pur.org or not.