cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosstab need sort by Total Return Amount for each Item

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a crosstab report by Item Number by return reason code for one year data with Total Qty Returned and Total RA Amount for each cell. I have Row Total and Column Total on top row and left column.

I want to sort this entire report by Descending order in Total Return Amount (Row Total's RA Amount).

Below: B125 should be the first then A001 the second..etc.

Item # Total , Defect, Ship Wrong , Chg Mind , BackOrder

Total 8 , 16 , 4 , 3

A001 21 , 5 , 12 , 3 , 1

$210 , $50 , $120 , $30 , $10

B125 10 , 3 , 4 , 1 , 2

$1,000 , $300 , $400 , $100 , $200

Or, export to Excel to sort the data there but the size is too big for one year. Any comment?

Edited by: Lily Chien on Sep 17, 2008 8:22 AM

Edited by: Lily Chien on Sep 17, 2008 8:27 AM

Edited by: Lily Chien on Sep 17, 2008 8:30 AM

Edited by: Lily Chien on Sep 17, 2008 8:31 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lily

You can apply the required sort condition through a formula. You need to do the following:

1. Right click on the Cross-Tab -> Click on Cross-tab expert.

2. Select the column and click on group options.

3. Check the box for "Use a Formula as Group Sort Order" and click the X-2 button to open the formula editor.

4. Apply the required condition.

Hope this helps!!!!

Regards

Sourashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I did not make this clear.

I want to sort by "Column Totals on Left" (Number) that column from "customize Style" in the "Grid Options", not the column for the Reason Code (String).

For each "Reason RA Code" column by item number has "Qty Returned for whole year" and "Dollars Amount for RA whole year" and I want the highest "Dollars Amount for RA whole year" go first, in Descending sorting.

I can not do the group on "Column Totals on Left" column since this is not on the column or row filed since this is the Totals for that Item Number.

I will close this question and try other way.

Edited by: Lily Chien on Feb 8, 2009 10:10 AM

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Select the crosstab by clicking on the top-left area.

Go to Report, Group Sort Expert. It now applies to the CrossTab. Not intuitive, but it works.