Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending IDoc to Logical System

Chaitanyat
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Foremost thing before i post my query is that am an ABAP Developer.

Now the Query is, we have scenario where in we need to send the Sales order/Delivery when it is created to a logical system( an external sytem ). I have created a new message condition type which has the transmission medium as 6 ( EDI ) and the partner to be of type LS (Logical Sytem). I have also defined the partner profile of the logical system with this message condition type. But the problem is when am issuing an output am not able to see my logical system as on of the options as a partner, the options what i have are the Ship to Party, Sold to Party and so on from the sales document.

I need to know how can issue and idoc to a logical system instead of a ship to party or a sold to party. Is there anything that am missing while creating the message condition type ?

Regards,

Chaitanya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Chaitanyat
Participant
0 Kudos

It is true that the system proposes only those partners associated with the customer in the order. In order to send it to a logical system, we just have to create a message type with trasmission medium and 6(EDI) and parter function as LS. When the condition is selected while issuing the output from the document, the system does give a warning but can be ignored. If the partner profile for the logical system is maintained the IDoc does get created and sent.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe you don't need to have an 'LS' partner type in the configuration for the Output Type. The IDoc distribution will actually be driven by settings in BD64 transaction where you can specify how the IDocs should be sent out.

Unfortunately, I can't verify it right now, but I looked at my old notes for the output configuration and partner LS is not mentioned anywhere except for WE21 and BD64. If memory serves, the partner type on the Messages screen was actually Sold-to, but the IDocs went to the logical system regardless. Just try that and see what it does.

roger_white2
Participant
0 Kudos
Chaitanyat
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roger, thanks for that again though din't solve my question but definitely a lead to doing that. Would post back if have solved and would definitely do if I fail to

Regards,

Chaitanya

roger_white2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

How about creating a dummy partner representing the logical system. You can send the idoc to the dummy partner.

Use partner determination procedures to ensure that the dummy partner is always selected.

Chaitanyat
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

Thank you for your reply. As i have already stated i don't have a clear idea as for creating the message conditions and stuff. Though i have tried but ended up with errors. I have a basic doubt here when the message condition can has an option for partner function to be a logical system then why can't we directly send the output to the logical system directly.

I have thought of what you said but actually no idea as to how do i call up the common partner for all the customers and for all the documents that i create.

Regards,

Chaitanya