cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items Groups

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning All,

Item Group is possible in B1. But my requirement is, below the groups I want to create sub-groups. Is it possible in the B1.

Regards,

Pratheeviraj R.D

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tools->User defined fields>Manage User

defined fields--->Masters>Items>Item Groups(Select)--->Click add button to define a sub group UDF in item group.

In standard reports you can only use item group,you can write

own query to get reports also from item sub group.

Better use item group along with item properties to get standard reports.

Jeyakanthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jeyakanthan,

Thanks for your replay. Can you please explain how to create a sub-groups in the item properties and how to relate them while reporting. Because I created a one sub-group in the item properties, and the sub-group is not displayed in any of the report.

Kind Regards,

Pratheeviraj R.D

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pratheeviraj,

When you create User fields for managing Sub-Groups, i would recommend that you use Pre-defined values so that you can keep it consistent. Letting the user type the Sub-groups can cause in-consistent data.

If you want to give the user option to add Sub-groups, then you may create a regular alphanumeric field and create a formatted search and select option Search in Existing Values and define the values there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sampath,

Thanks for your replay.

Kind Regards,

pratheeviraj R.D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this thread

[;

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sridharan,

Thanks for your replay,

Kind Regards,

Pratheeviraj R.D

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. It is only one level group by default. However, you can use UDF or item properties to create workaround for those sub-group.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gordon,

Thanks for your replay.

Kind Regards,

Pratheeviraj R.D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gordon,

Can you please explain the steps how to create the sub groups in the item properties and how we can relate this in the reporting.

Regards,

Pratheeviraj R.D

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can set item property names like:

Level1Name

Level1NameLevel2Name

Level1NameLevel2NameLevel3Name

A

Aa

Aax

B

Ba

Bax

There are 64 properties in total. Carefully design to fit in as much info as possible.

You can run query to create report based on those properties. Actualy the item property field names called QryGroupX

Thanks,

Gordon