cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal crashes when add new parameters to a stored proc in a subreport

Former Member
0 Kudos

This one has been driving me nuts so any help much appreciated...

I have a stored procedure (Oracle 9i) that is used as the datasource for a subreport (needs to be in the subreport as I need to pass multi-value parameters to the proc - something I've done in numerous other procs/reports). All of the parameters from the proc are linked to data/parameters on the main report.

The report works fine at the moment.

I need to add three new parameters to the proc with an If statement on each one to run various bits of code depending on what is passed in. This is where the trouble starts.

The proc works.

If I create a main report based on the new proc, it works.

If I create a subreport based on the proc and DON'T link it to the main report, it works.

If I create a subreport based on the proc and DO link it to the main report, Crystal crashes with no explanation (just that painful error that apologies for the inconvenience). It is not all the parameters that cause this problem - it's not even restricted to just the new parameters or even just to ones that are used in the IF statements.

This is not the first proc to do this to me - just the first one where the new functionality was too critical to strip out for now.

I have been trawling the net and trying all sorts of things for days so I am hoping someone out there has a suggestion!

Versions: Oracle 9i, Crystal Reports 11.0.0.1994

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Starting from the basics, after you've inserted the subreport don't link it yet. Edit the subreport and verify the database. Once it's verified, try linking the reports and adding a parameter.

Verify the linking you are using. I've seen where the field from the main report was passing invalid or coruupted data and caused the subreport to die a horrifying death.

Good luck,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Brian.

Everything seems to be working now.

I took your advice and it was no longer crashing but I was getting other errors.

I changed all the varchar paramaters to varchar2 in the procedure and turned off "verify on first refresh" on both the report and subreport and now everything seems to be fine.