Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue - Redefined method not triggering.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello There.

I have created a subtype of "BUS1001006"

I have delegated my business object.

I have also redefined my method in the business object.

When I run any standard transaction, the redefined method must trigger my object as per in the "EVENT TRACE".

But, in the trace it shows that the standard business object has triggered.

I would like to know the best way to troubleshoot my object as to why my business object is not triggering and the standard one is triggering. How to rectify that?

I respect your inputs.

Good Luck & Regards.

Harsh Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Hello Harsh,

To trigger your z object, you should be writing code in exits or somewhere like that.

Regards

Farzan

6 REPLIES 6

0 Kudos

Hello Harsh,

To trigger your z object, you should be writing code in exits or somewhere like that.

Regards

Farzan

0 Kudos

Hello Farzan.

Thanks for your suggestions.

I have used my own "ZBAPI" to call in my method as well as implemented the necessary code and used a BDC in the BAPI itself.

I have also done the necessary "Task" to "Method" binding and hence with the "Workflow" itself.

The status of the workflow shows "Complete". But in the event trace it is not showing positive results about my object.

What can do then?

Good Luck & Regards.

Harsh Dave

0 Kudos

Hello Harsh,

Event trace is not at all showing the event triggered or what is the exact problem??

Regards

Farzan

0 Kudos

In my case,

1. I have delegated my business object with the standard business object "BUS1001006".

2. I redefined the method "delete" and added my own code or functionality to it.

3. Implemented and released my object components.

If I am not wrong, according to the concept of delegation and redefination, the object which has the redefined method will trigger and the workflow will be completed.

Now, to check whether the Method of our "Z" object (Redefined) has triggered or the standard method has triggered, we use the "EVENT TRACE".

I switched on the trace (SWELS) and executed my workflow. After completion, I swithced of the trace.

I checked in the (SWEL) event trace log.

it shows the following result,

EVENT TRACE ON

BUS1001006 CREATED

EVENT TRACE OFF

But, as per expectations it should have been "ZDAVE_OBJ" instead of "BUS1001006".

Which means only the standard one is triggering.

Kindly, suggest on this.

Good Luck & Regards.

Harsh Dave

0 Kudos

Hello Harsh,

Even if you delegate and create a z business object, you need to trigger it manually only the standard once are triggered automatically. So you need to find out a user exit to trigger the Z business object.

Regards

Farzan

0 Kudos

Hello Farzan.

Thanks for your inputs.

I agree to your explanation.

I was not able to bind the parameters in the "Task" to "method" and vice versa and in turn the "Task" to "workflow" elements were not working well.

But, I tried using the standard business object "BUS1001" in my task.

It will call my redefined methods and I need to automatically bind the elements as I had delegated my business object correctly.

I could understand much better when I tried to double-click the business object in my task.

Instead of taking to the standard object method it took me to the customized / redefined method of my custom object.

Also, it gave a success message that BUS1001 is delegated to "ZDAVE_OBJ".

Altogether I am doing fine with my workflow and getting the desired output.

Also, in addition my "Z" business object is triggering.

My query is resolved.

Good Luck & Regards.

Harsh Dave