Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing after PGI only

rahul_mirashi2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus

I have one problem. We used to create Billing wrt Delivery. It is also possible that user has not done PGI. But we can still create the Billing document. Which creates problem in accounting documents. Now I want to set some indicator or block which will check that PGI is done or not. and then only I can create the Billing Document. If PGI is not done and still delivery is created then also it will not create any Billing Document. Is there any setting available for it? I have checked Item Category and schedule line category or even the copy control function which shows item is relevant for delivery and not written that Item is relevant for PGI. So plz give me the solution on it. Good pts will be awarded

Regards

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I hope i have understood your issue correctly, that you need to protect creation of Billing document from Delivery before PGI t akes palce.

Check the copy control for Delivery to Billing VTFL.

You need to have Copying routine no 003 - Header/dlv.-related attached to make sure that Billing does not take place before PGI.

E.g. Copy Control Billing Type : F2

Delivery Type : LF

Header Copy control : Copying Requirement : 003

Regards,

Dnyandeo H. Ainarkar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul

If you are having the copy controls without changing the standard routines in VTFL, then you cannot generate commercial invoice. If you want to check whether any delivery is saved without doing PGI, you can check in VL21 or VL06.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you use T. Code: VL01N and just save the document (planned), instead of PGI; it will generate Del Doc. No.

Based upon this no., you can generate billing document (though Del. is not PGIed). This settings have been maintained in to T. Code: VTAF.

As far as Accounting entries are concerened, i have to check and will revert back.

Best Regards,

Amit.