cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login using administrator user name and password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I did the sneak preview installation . It was completed successfully. But now I am unable to login using administrator user name and password to both portal as well as j2ee administrator.(The login screen is coming up alright)

Please help me

Regards

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

You can activate SAP* in the following way.

Go to the congif tool,click on com.sap.security.core.ume.service(under services in the global server configuration).Under the global properties tab click on the "ume.superadmin.activated" and set this as TRUE(This will be FALSE by default).Then set any password for the "ume.superadmin.password".Restart the cluster for the changes to take effect.Now login into portal using SAP* and the password that you had set, go to user administration and see if the user "Administrator" is locked and if so release it and try again after restoring the default values in the config tool as no other user can be logged in while SAP* ia active.

hope this helps,

Regards,

Umadevi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

The password I gave was 9 characters long.That may have caused the error

I am unable to connect to config tool .it is showing error when trying to connect to database

any ideas

Regards

Rohit

Message was edited by: Rohit Radhakrishnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What error do you get when you logon to config tool?.

Umadevi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

You may have problems if you used a password longer than 8 characters. If so, you will need to activate the special SAP* user and reset the Administrator password. Its quite a pain to do, but there are blogs and forum threads on the process if you search for them. Also see SAP Note 669848.

HTH

Cheers,

Jonathan

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I use userid = Administrator and pwd = admin it works fine.

Regards

Raja