Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please explain when and why need to do Return PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI experts,

my doubt

1) first i created PO using Me21n

2)I never do GR (i never receive the stock from vendor)

3) by using Me22n i changed to Return PO

4) after that i do GR and the Mvmtype 161 automatically selected by the system

4)And the stock is reduced based on Return PO stock

with out doing GR how the Return PO reduce the stock

Once i changed to Return PO and i do GR how the stock is returned to vendor

please tell me abt this doubt

actually where and which case we can do Return PO

thanks

ganesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

my doubt

1) first i created PO using Me21n

2)I never do GR (i never receive the stock from vendor)

3) by using Me22n i changed to Return PO

4) after that i do GR and the Mvmtype 161 automatically selected by the system

4)And the stock is reduced based on Return PO stock

with out doing GR how the Return PO reduce the stock

Once i changed to Return PO and i do GR how the stock is returned to vendor

please tell me abt this doubt

Solution:Once you select return indicator in PO then whenever you do GR material would be returned to the vendor.

Movement type would also select by system the same purpose.

actually where and which case we can do Return PO;

You can use this return indicator whenever you want to return some purchased material to vendor if there is any problem with the material like quality problem etc.

Regards

Ravi shankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Return to Vendor (V3I) (Return PO)

The return to vendor process begins with a requirement to return an item to a vendor. The initial activity is to request a Returns Material Authorization (RMA) from the vendor. This is a manual step and the RMA number will be entered into a text field in the return PO. The Buyer will then create a Return PO in the system. The return PO is similar to a standard PO except for the return flag which sets up the return delivery to enable shipment of the item(s) back to the vendor.

The Return PO confirmation goes to the Vendor and the Return Delivery is sent to the Shipping department where the item(s) are picked and shipped back along with a Delivery Note. When the Shipping department creates the delivery the item(s) are relieved from inventory. A credit memo is generated which relieves the liability to the vendor.

URL:[Return PO Business Process Procedure|http://help.sap.com/bp_blv1500/BL_US/HTML/Scenarios/V3I_Scen_EN_US.htm]

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 4) after that i do GR and the Mvmtype 161 automatically selected by the system

Now Cancel the 161 Material Document / Do + 1 then Material will come into Stock.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/26/ce653a5aa1ed49e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Please Go thru the above link for Return Po Reasons.

The Return PO Process Would be :

Create a Return Purchase Order with Return Item Indicator.

Make a Goods Receipt against the Return Po of which 161 Movement will automatically takes Place.

Create a Excise Invoice for Other Movements Using J1IS & J1IV (If the Material is Excisable)

Create a Credit Memo.

Regards,

Ashok