cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internal number assignment for materials

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all.

I need your help. In my system, material code is 5 digit number. Material code is created and assigned internally. But If i terminate transaction - MM01 when I create material master, next material code is not sequencial.

ex.) last material code -> 99

next material code -> 100

during create new material master in MM01 I terminated transaction and not saved. After that I created a material master successfully. But material code is not 100, it is 104.

Usually I use 'MMNR' for eliminate blank section. But is there any way to prevent blank code period is created? Is it IMG setting or SAP standard policy.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to transaction SNRO and find the number range object for the material master code which you are using and enter this object in SNRO transaction. You will find a field No. of numbers in buffer. If any number is there in that field mak it 0. I feel there is number 4 in that field thats why you are getting 4 numbers skiping.

Regards,

KrishnamurthyDSS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you KrishnamurthyDSS!

Your answer is very helpful. Thank you. Thank you. .

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Transaction :SNRO

Object : MATERIALNR

Please check the number range buffer?

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, R.Brahmankar.

Thank for your answer. It was so helpful. But another guy wrote more detail description. So I gave him ten point.

But Thank you very much. Have a nice day.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

When you use internal number range for material masters,the system will automatically generate a number while creation of material master.If you cancel or do not save the material master,then the system skip the number generated and takes the next number when you are creating material master again.Hence you have to be careful while creation of material master.

there is no setting to take the same number again in standard SAP as for as my knowledge.

It is also not appropriate to do so.

Regards

prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, prashant. Thank you for your answer.

But I think you have misunderstood my question.

My problem is blank interval. Once I have mistake in creating material master, system passes five or ten code.

Your answer

last code : 100

this code : 101

- mistake-

created code : 102

My problem

last code : 100

this code : 101

- mistake-

created code : 106 or 111

My question is not creat same material master code again, but why 5 or 10 code is passed? Is there any way to control it?