cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning Book error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have a surprise error. In my DP PA ( new config.), i have several CVCs in MPOS and in the planning book, when i loaded my selection ID, it shown up all the CVCs. When i load all of them, i am seeing the data in Pl Book, But when i load selectively just one material, it gives error :"There are no plannable characteristic combinations. Error reading data: Planning book can not be processed further"

when i checked MC62, My CVCs are in good shape. and why this error comes once the selection ID is showing the selected objects. why it says no plannable chars ? It happens to one selection only. Other selections work good.

Secondly, in some other issue, i have a user complaining about authorisation of not able to work in KF X, when he is really working on KF Y. Why system error says no authn for different KF. I ran all the consis. checks.

I have my LC connectivity in red color today in LC10. I presume thats LC is disconnected. But my loading into PB works, it does not show me error saying No LC anchors found.. & I ran the PA cons check in Repair mode too. It shows no error.

So why this kind of problem coming, any one faced this situation? Though I referred to this our hardware vendor for this LC issue, I wanted to know if there is any application issue.

Any clues pls ?

thanks

venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closing this thread. will open another one, if needed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sai

Thank you so much for your help. I am giving you the points.

I am actually surprised that i am not aware that I cant change Pl book in Prod system. I have been doing the changes in the dataview for last many times, but i dont know what happened, i am not able to even change the KFs in the data view KFs tab.

Earlier, i changed the KFs as per the user reks. May be we cant do changes in the pl book chars, KFs. But we should be able to do in Dataview, and its KFs. As i can create the PB directly in prod system.

any comments ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

you may be right..unfortunately I was not allowed to make any of the changes in the Production Planning book in any of my projects (might be some authorization restriction)..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai

thanks for your help. It looks i have to raise OSS msg. Also i have another question.

When i want to add more chars in my existing pl book, i cant. I dont get complete button at the end. Whats the reason ? Seeing this first time. I just wanted to check, may be i have to add all other chars in pl book, so that i wont get that error of no plannable char combinations. As i can load all products, but not single product.

any idea ? why i cant change the pl book ?

thx

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

you cannot make changes to the Plng book in Production system, it has to come through transports

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think its really authn issue. Why should system show some other KF, when user is trying to modify different KF.

Unfortunately, i only see the security too, and have to tell BASIS guy what he has to do.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ooh I am sorry I ddi not understand your query correctly..I was thinking that user has authorization to one keyfigure X and not to other keyfigure 'Y'..anyways just check with Basis and also please run consistency check

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Sai

Thanks for the Link. That looks perfect match to my problem. I also referred this to our BASIS. WIll update you once i see some improvement.

I also wonder, Why system shows the error, no authn to modify the KF 'X' when user is trying to edit KF 'Y".

Does this also due to LiveCache Inconsistency ?

thx

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks like a security issue. It is possible to restrict the authorization at keyfigure level..please check with the Security team about this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Manish suggested to run /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_PLOB_DELTA_SYNC.Also please re-intialise the planning area with deleting the time series objects.....

SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN/ right click the Planning area and "Create Time Series" Objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the another one.If you are in SCM5.0 please check this thread:

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks like there are some inconsistencies in the LC. Please run /SAPAPO/OM17 and correct the inconsistencies. Also run /SAPAPO/TS_PSTRU_CONS_CHECK as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Venkat,

I suggest you to run report /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_PLOB_DELTA_SYNC for MPOS than try again to load that material in planning book.

Manish