cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Change Datasource Location in Crystal Reports 11.0.0.1282

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a list of reports pointing to a database. I need them to point to a different database. To keep it very simple, my plan is to change the datasource of each repor, rather than try to change the datasource for all of them in one shot.

With the above in mind, I clicked open a report. I clicked on the Database tab and clicked on Set Data Souce Location. This pulled a Set Datasource Location window/pane. In Current Data Source part of the pane, I see the database the report is currently pointing to. I clicked on its properties and chose "Connect URL: jdbc:db2:the_cu rrent_database" I right clicked on it and tried editing u2013 I tried changing the name of the database to the new one. A Connection Information pane pops-up where I entered the UserID, Password and the name of the new Database name. I get an error message u2013 Some tables couldnu2019t be replaced, as no match was found in the new data source. Please specify the table requ2019d for any unmodified tables.

Next, I tried updating the_current_database in Current Data Source frame with the new database under Create New Connection in Replace with frame. I got the same error message as above. Then, I tried creating a New Connection and I get the u201CFailed to Retrieve Data from the Databaseu201D error. It is SQL = 38553 error.

I have looked up postings seemingly similar to this question, but none has worked/helped. Will greatly appreciate if someone could assist me with thisu2026

Thanks,

Julie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

"In Current Data Source part of the pane, I see the database the report is currently pointing to. "

So far, so good.

Now select the new database in the "Replace with" section below.

Drill down to tables.

Select the new table and then go to the upper pane and select the "old" table.

Click "Update".

That's all there is to it.

ps.

The "Unmapped fields" dialog comes up if the fields aren't an exact match.

(Only you can make the decisions here)

The Panda

Answers (0)