cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems converting a sales order to a production order

deepu_p2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi when i am trying to convert a sales order to a production order it giving me an error like this

Sales order has no CO object

Message no. CO323

Diagnosis

The production order should be settled on the sales order.

The requirements type of the sales order, however, refers to an account assignment category that does not allow settlement using the sales order (key consumption posting).

Procedure

1. Check which requirements type in entered in the relevant sales order item

o Display sales order

2. Check the settings for this requirements type in Customizing

(See Control sales order-related production).

I am a pp consultant.how to solve this.

Edited by: deepu p on Sep 17, 2008 1:32 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepu,

Hmmm. I have never seen a transaction that will convert an SAP sales order to a production order. Boy am I embarassed!

Anyway, the message tells you exactly what you need to do. There are various IMG settings that must be made in PP and in CO prior to using MakeToOrder Production orders. These settings are made based on the business requirements of your client.

It seems that your experience level in SAP PP may be somewhat limited. You probably should spend some time with your PP team lead going over basic PP MTO configuration. Your CO team lead also should be involved with the solution to this problem. Also, SAP offers some excellent schools.

Here is a starting point to familiarize yourself with the concepts you are facing:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/dd/5600b1545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

Good Luck!

DB49

deepu_p2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi. i really didnt understand the meaning of that. dont we convert a sales order to a production order.so why do we need to use the co08 transaction for.any way can u explain it clearly?rather than giving a link to the document.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have check the requireemnt type of the sales order in the procurement tab.

This should be KSV or should be matching with your planning strategy and in MRP3 view. Also give the checking group "individual requirement" in the MRP3 view.

This is CO error.

There is small config for sales order .

Better you contact SD colleugue, so that he can help you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepu,

Yes, I know you don't understand.

No, we do not convert a sales order into a production order. We may create a production order that will support a specific chunk of Sales order requirement. The materials that are then manufactured as a result of the production order may then be directed to be shipped against the originating sales order. This is one of many possible planning scenarios.

A sales order is a demand element. A production order is a supply element. In a manufacturing environment, a planner will normally recognize any unfulfilled customer demand, and will determine how to best satisfy that demand. Once he has made his decision, he will create the appropriate supply element.

SAP has developed tools to support and automate this process. The SAP Production Planning module contain a suite of those tools. SAP SCM contains even more such tools.

CO08 is an ERP transaction to create a Production order in a MakeToOrder or AssembleToOrder scenario. Usually, the proceeds of the production order will then be usable ONLY for a given specific Sales Order. There are other scenarios that are commonly used to manage supply and demand in a company that sells stuff.

I would like to help you with your question. It may be that the problem is that you should not be using CO08 at all, since it appears that your system has not been configured for MTO yet.

What is the business requirement that caused you to execute CO08?

Regards,

DB49

deepu_p2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

my business requirement is that. where i get a requirement from internet.and they create a sales order against that. we dont have any semi finished products in our bom. its a single level bom. and we r using re order point planing.so i think we can use co08 transaction to convert a sales order in to a production order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepu,

Since you are planning the Raw material with Re order point planning , you can use the CO08 to convert the sale order to production Order.

one more option is, you can try with Assembly to Order concept where production Order will be created once you create the sale order for Header material. Here no need to use CO08.Only thing you have to assign the ATO planning strategy ( 81) at material master

Regards

Pradeep Kumar

deepu_p2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi pradeep kumar.

can u explain me how to do that i n detale.

i will select the strategy 81 in my mrp view. after that

what are the planing steps. and auto conversion steps?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you select the planing strategy 81 , then system will create Planned order when create the sale order .Then you can convert the pland order to prod order.

if select planning strategy 82 then system will create production order , when you create sale order and save.

Create sale order and check with prodcution Order at Md04

Regards

Pradeep Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepu,

Your original problem had to do with a CO error message, which was related to MTO (or ATO) business scenario. The other fine gurus have offered you some excellent answers. However, they don't address your original problem.

Using CO08 implies that you are using one of these two business scenario solutions (ATO/MTO). Your original problem implies that MTO is not yet properly configured.

You may also wish to consider MakeToStock instead. CO configuration can be simpler, and for many businesses there is no advantage to using MTO or ATO. The lack of configuration in your original email would not prevent you from entering a MTS production order.

Instead of using CO08, you could try using CO01, which is the transaction to create a production order that is not specific to a Sales order.

Regards,

DB49

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

First u need to sit and discuss with SD team near you.

The stategy used by now (82 i Guess)

Requirement Type and Requirement class.

T Codes :OVZG and OVGH.

The requirement class tell u hou the order is sellted on Sales Order or Production order.

Unless and untill u make this settings the system will not allow to create Order thru sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem seems to be that your requiements class does not have an account assignment category that supports MTO set up.

- Note your requirements type from sales order.

- Find the associated requirements class in OVZH transaction.

- Go to OVZG transaction. Check the account assignment category for the requirements class. It should be E or M. Try changing this and now crete the sales order and then Prodn order through Co08.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Ashok